Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

June 15, 2017

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever

Denim Skirts Are Back And Better Than Ever


I'll admit I was skeptical when I first saw denim skirts making a comeback. I knew the early 2000s fashion was on the cusp of reintroducing itself into popular culture, which I found myself dreading more and more. However, after seeing a handful of today's denim skirts, I knew I had to try one out for myself.

You see, the denim skirt of the modern era is quite different from that of the early 2000s. This trend is shaped well, offers a better selection of colors and designs, and is overall more flattering than those I wore as a kid. Take this Topshop Embroidered Denim Mini Skirt, for example. It fits snugly at the waist, with the hem dropping just between the mid-thigh and knee. The shape is mostly straight, rather than a-line, but offers room to walk, sit, and move. Because the material is denim, the skirt is not extremely forgiving, but does still allow you to breathe.

What caught my eye about this Topshop skirt was the beautiful embroidery running up both sides. Embroidery, as well as denim skirts, has been a widely popular trend over the past few months, and this skirt seemed like the perfect way to hit two birds with one stone. I had already wanted to try fashion with embroidery, so finding this was miraculous. The particular pattern and color of the skirt are perfect — large enough to be seen but small enough to not overwhelm. The simple pink shades of the flowers are also easy to match with and add in a dash of millennial pink.

I paired this denim skirt with a soft suede tee. I liked how the purple complemented the flowers and the scalloped sleeves added a bit of interest without stealing the show. The skirt has endless possibilities, however, of how it can be paired. I'd be interested to see it with a lacy white shirt, preferably with bell sleeves, or even with a denim button down shirt tucked in for some denim-on-denim action.

Dress it up, dress it down — however you do it, you will look fantastic. Remember to choose a shape and style that fit your body and lifestyle. Don't buy something ridiculously tight and uncomfortable because it looks good in pictures. You'll want to actually wear the skirt eventually. Most important of all: have confidence! 

Shop my favorite embroidered denim skirts:


Follow

Have you tried the denim skirt trend?

3 comments

  1. Love this skirt on you, so stylish!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing so many denims skirts too! I really love the embroidered details! Now I need to get a denim skirt ASAP! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/90s-combo-look/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I have yet to jump back on the denim skirt trend (too many memories of middle school). That said, I LOVE the one you're wearing! The embroidery is so cute and I love the straight silhouette!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne