Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

May 8, 2017

Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

Luxury Love: Nars Unfiltered I Cheek Palette

Thanks to one of my lovely friends, I was gifted the Nars Narsissist I Unfiltered Cheek Palette for my birthday. I am a longtime devotee to Nars blush, therefore receiving this palette put a huge smile on my face. The shades are bright, beautiful, and wonderful, and I highly recommend you try one out.

While five out of six of the shades are only offered in the palette, Exhibit A, the bright red, is sold separately. Other than that, the shades are as follows: 

Watch Me: golden pearl highlighter
Me First: shimmery peach 
Takeover: pinky copper 
Out There: matte deep brown-pink
Chic: matte raspberry mauve

At first glance, the shades look pretty intense, but I assure you they are completely wearable - just make sure you have a big, fluffy brush on hand for blending. I recommend the Real Techniques Powder Brush. When applying, make sure to grab the tiniest bit of powder, tap off the excess, and lightly brush onto the apples of your cheeks. 

While the red is a shade that typically steals the show in a makeup look, most of the other shades can be worn as supplements to bold lips or eyes. I love ‘me first’ for a spring/summer glow paired with golden eyes and pink lips. ‘Takeover’ and ‘out there’ are beautiful (somewhat) neutral shades that match well with basically anything - whatever the season. ‘Chic,’ finally, is a shade that can take the main stage, but also works perfectly with smoky eyes or a dark nude lip. ‘Watch me’ is also a fantastic all-around highlighter. The possibilities are endless. 

Something that Nars does a great job of with its powder products is making a soft, pigmented shade without being too powdery and loose. They have achieved the perfect happy medium, one that gives off a ton of pigment but doesn't spread powder all over your lap or table. Additionally, the powder transfers nicely onto the skin, keeping the color true and applying in a smooth manner. 

What I love most about this palette, along with Nars blushes in general, is that the powder and pigmentation stay on your cheeks for a ridiculously long time. Not only is that a helpful element all year round, but it is especially necessary for hot summer days. And, because this palette has so many summer-toned shades, that makes it doubly perfect for the upcoming months. 

Lastly, I really enjoy that Nars has released a palette with darker shades more suitable to a variety of skin tones. While it's not completely perfect yet, I think this is a good start to have more color options for darker skin tones and overall make more makeup-lovers happy. To finalize, I strongly recommend splurging on this palette. It may be luxury, but I think it's worth the treat. If not, definitely check out some other Nars blushes - they won't disappoint. 


What is your favorite blush palette?

6 comments

  1. Omg! This cheek palette is so pretty! I am really loving the bright coral color! I neeeed to check this out next time I head to Sephora! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/lost-pretty-pastels/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for summer! Definitely check it out soon.

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the Narsissist cheek palette! You have really great friends to gift this for you! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. High pigmentation and tons of variety sounds like a perfect combination!
    Austen
    http://www.keepcalmandchiffon.com/blog/5/7/networking-tips-that-actually-work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely; this palette has everything!

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne