Shopping My Stash For Spring

April 20, 2017



It's almost May, therefore I am almost broke. The money from my summer job is slowly dwindling, but I still want to update my makeup wardrobe now that spring is upon us. Therefore I am implementing a tried and true technique: shopping my stash.

I've recently reduced the excess amount of makeup products I own, however, there are still some that are hidden under all the piles of concealer and stacks of palettes that I haven't used in some time. I think it's a really fun way to find new inspiration and revamp your makeup look for a special occasion, change in season, or when you're just feeling bored. For some inspiration, here are the products I found from digging in my stash.

Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in Amp'd Up Apple

Ever since Glossier's Cloud Paint release, I've been all for liquid and cream blushes. I unfortunately don't have many, but I found this gem buried underneath all my cream products and was very excited to start using it again. The shade is a perfect taupe-mauve, which matches with essentially any makeup look. I love using it to give a little warmth to my cheeks when I've got a bold lip or smoky eye, but it also gives a gorgeous, natural glow to a bare face. Pair with: Benefit highlighters mentioned below.

Milani Rose Blush in Romantic Rose

This is basically the same shade as the aforementioned product, however this one comes in powder form. I love the design of the packaging, all the way down to the rose imprinted on the powder. The best part of the product is that it lasts all day. After applying it in the morning, I still find remnants of the color on my cheeks by the evening. Pair with: a smoky eye from the Lorac palette.


Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

Milani's blushes are some of the best drugstore finds. This is a classic beauty blogger staple, and it is definitely worth the hype. I love using the peachy, shimmery shade as we move into summer because that color really compliments a tan. As with the other Milani blush, this one lasts nearly the entire day, therefore it's perfect for a hot summer day on the beach or walking around. You don't even need to wear a highlighter with it, because it has tons of shimmer.


Lorac Pro 2 Palette

This palette used to be one of my absolute favorites (peek at an old review here), but I have stopped using it over the past year or so in favor of some Tarte palettes (which I still love). Nevertheless, this palette is stunning. It has 16 fantastic shades, eight matte and eight shimmers. I've worn nearly every shade in a way that I enjoyed - both natural and dramatic. Once again, these shades last for hours and hours on end without budging. They are definitely one of my top three eyeshadow formulas.


Mac Eyeshadow in All That Glitters

Mac products are something I've never quite gotten into. I'm a fan of a few of their lipstick and eyeshadow shades, but I always found myself shopping at Sephora and Ulta more rather than a Mac store or department store. That being said, I forgot how much I love this shadow. It's a perfect combination of golden and peach shimmer, which makes it very flattering for spring and summer, even moving into fall. I'm excited to use this throughout the warmer months. Pair with: Milani Luminoso.


Benefit That Gal Primer

Along with the rest of the makeup-wearing world, I have been on a major highlighter kick lately. I dug up this mini out of my collection, and after dabbing it on my cheekbones I remembered how gorgeous of a sheen it gives. It can be worn all over the face as a primer, but I prefer using it to highlight certain areas, like the cheeks, nose, and eyelids.


Benefit High Beam Highlighter

Lastly, another Benefit mini: a beautiful highlighter. This one gives a more dramatic, bright glow than the first one, something I find much better for an evening look. It doesn't have any shimmer in it, so I actually really like layering this with a powder highlighter, something like the Becca Moonstone highlighter. 


Shop my stash:



Follow

Have you ever shopped your stash? 

2 comments

  1. Omg! Both of the Milani blushes are so pretty! I really want to get the rose one! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/if-we-went-to-coachella/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It comes in more gorgeous colors as well.

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne