Review: Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

March 20, 2017



During my recent purchase of the Glossier Stretch Concealer (review here), I also grabbed the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. I was running low on my current face wash (The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash) and decided that it was time to try something new. Glossier's focus on clean, healthy skin appealed to me, and I appreciate that the Milky Jelly Cleanser can be used with or without water. Therefore I grabbed the inexpensive cleanser (only $18 for a bottle!) and have not looked back.

The packaging is very beautiful - clean, minimalistic, and pretty. It's also very easy to use and has the possibility to lock the dispenser for traveling purposes. Additionally, the bottle is large enough to hold a usable amount of cleanser, but not too large where it doesn't fit in any travel makeup bag. I also really love the scent of the product, which is rather odd but makes for a pleasant way to wake up and wind down.

I wanted to wait a few weeks before reviewing this so I could see the effect it has on my skin. I've been using it in the morning like a standard cleanser; after wetting my face, I rub it around my skin for a few minutes and then wash it off. In the evening, I use it on a dry face to remove my makeup and cleanse. After rubbing it into my skin for a minute or so, I rinse it off. I found the texture slightly odd at first, but am now very much a fan of the gel-like consistency. I was surprised that the cleanser didn't bubble or foam up when it came in contact with water, but this actually makes for a cleaner cleanse and doesn't take away from any of the cleansing properties.

As a morning cleanser, this makes my skin feel smooth, bright, and hydrated. I actually like that it doesn't react like a classic face wash because it doesn't strip my skin of its natural oils, but still takes away any excess shine. My pores feel clearer, and over the past few weeks it seems as though my face has become brighter and softer.

Using this every night has also made it much easier and soothing to remove my makeup. The Glossier Milky Jelly erases tough mascara, eyeliner, and shadow like a dream, all while cleansing your skin simultaneously. Even after rinsing off, my skin feels moisturized. Overall, this cleanser has me all kinds of excited. I've basically forgotten about my old face wash, and can't wait to try more products from Glossier.

What is your favorite cleanser?
Have you tried Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser?

8 comments

  1. I heard so much about this milky cleanser from Glossier! :) I def need to get my hands on this now!

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/gozon-spring-styles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever used Cetaphil? This sounds similar, especially the gel formula and the fact that it doesn't lather. I wonder how it compares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have used it! It's a similar consistency, but I've always found that Cetaphil leaves my skin a little drier than the one from Glossier.

      Delete
  3. I need to try this! Do you think it would be ok to use on spot prone skin? Also if you get time please check out my new blog post, it's skincare i think you'll like it:) x
    http://eatsleepbeonfleek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get a few spots every couple weeks, and I don't think this wash has aggravated that aspect of my skin. I would be cautious though, just to be sure!

      Delete
  4. I've been using Cetaphil for years and has worked great but Glossier has been killing it with their products lately! As this sounds a bit like the Cetaphil cleanser, I may have to give it a try!
    Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely similar! I think Glossier's feels a bit more luxurious, but I think that's just me being a little materialistic :)

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne