Five Products, Five Minutes: Spring Edition

March 13, 2017

Five Products, Five Minutes: Spring Edition

Five Products, Five Minutes: Spring Edition

Five Products, Five Minutes: Spring Edition

Simple, easy makeup routines are my favorite for this time of year. I love the relaxation of just applying a few products to my face and being done. Right now I'm loving light coverage with warm, highlighted cheeks and slightly defined eyes. I only need five products to create this look, and it only takes five minutes. Plus, the combination of these products is the perfect light, airy makeup for spring.

1. Glossier Stretch Concealer 

The concealer that I've been raving about for a week or so (full review here) is amazing for getting ready fast and natural-looking skin. It melts into your face after a few hours, creating the illusion of flawless skin without any products. This concealer will cover spots and dark circles but may need to be used in conjunction with a color correcting concealer if you have very dark circles. Overall, however, this concealer works wonders for your five-minute routine.

2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Following concealer, I swipe on a few coats of my favorite mascara. My current love is this lengthening, volumizing winner from Too Faced. I have naturally short lashes, but just a few coats of this mascara almost gives the appearance of false lashes. It's amazing because it can be built up for extra drama, but can also be worn subtly for simple definition. For a five-minute routine, this mascara is quick and fool-proof.

You've got your lashes done, but to add more definition to the eyes while still keeping it subtle, I go in with this eyeliner on my upper inner lash line (otherwise known as tightline). It may feel weird to apply eyeliner in this area, but it's a feeling that you get used to after a few times. The best part about wearing liner this way is that it looks as though you have a naturally thick, defined lash line, making your eyelashes look even better.

I've been switching off between this Urban Decay lipstick and the unfortunately discontinued Revlon Lip Butters (check out an old review here) for this purpose. I love using a cream product for blush during the warmer months, but instead of spending the money on an actual cream blush, I simply repurpose my lipsticks into cheek products (for more information on that go here). Dab a little onto your cheeks and blend it in with your ring finger, layering more product as needed. The best part is also adding this to your lips for a matchy-matchy feel.

5. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette

The final touch is to swipe a shimmery highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones to complement the simple eyes and flushed cheeks. I love the highlighter from this Charlotte Tilbury palette - it's a light, sparkly champagne - and it matches perfectly with any cheek color. This extra pop will give you a spring glow in just ten seconds.

Shop my five-minute face:


What are your favorite quick products?

4 comments

  1. Love this idea for a post :) I wish I could try the Glossier concealer but they don't ship outside the US yet! When I want to do my makeup quick, I love using a cushion foundation.

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Glossier changes that soon! They have such amazing products - but I'm sure you can find plenty of dupes :)

      Delete
  2. I like how that highlighter can give off a more natural vibe!
    http://danielleartstylefashion.blogspot.com/2017/03/5-st-patricks-day-makeup-ideas-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's great for every day and dramatic looks!

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne