Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial

February 13, 2017










On Saturday I went out for a delicious Valentine's Day dinner at a swanky sushi restaurant in Madison. It's called Red, and I'd recommend the Firecracker if you ever make your way there. The sushi was tasty, I wore my favorite $6 dress, and my date was pretty amazing, too. I was extremely excited for the opportunity to use a few of the new makeup products I have, and of course couldn't wait to share them here.

To begin, I primed my lids with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige. This is the best eyeshadow base if you want everything to last all night, but don't want to spend a ridiculous amount. I've been using this shade for years, and it has not failed me yet. I then used my new purchase and new obsession, the Tarteist Pro Palette, which is so incredibly beautiful. I began with the shade ‘bold’ in the crease to create a simple transition color and emphasize the shadows of my eyes. I then spread a bit of ‘chic’ all across my lids, followed with ‘no filter’ on the outer half of my lids and blended into the crease. I added ‘drama’ to the outer corner to create, well, drama, and then dabbed on the tiniest amount of ‘mod’ after deciding I wanted a slightly pink-toned look. Lastly, I used my ring finger to apply ‘minx’ to the center of my lids. ‘Vintage’ was my brow bone and inner corner highlight.

I followed up with a line of the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner on my upper lash line, piled on a few coats of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, and ended with some L'oreal Silkissime Liner in Black on the upper inner rims of my eyes. This is basically my holy trinity of eye products.

I then moved on to my face and used an oldie but a goodie, the Benefit Porefessional Primer, to smooth out my skin. For concealing I began with the Urban Decay Naked Concealer to touch up spots, dark patches, and redness. After that I grabbed the Benefit Erase Paste Concealer to cover up my dark circles. I added a mix of the Maybelline Master Conceal and the Urban Decay concealer to finish off my under eyes.

To sculpt my face, I went in with the bronze shade of the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette. I placed this in the hollows of my cheeks to contour slightly, and also used a fluffy brush to apply it on my temples and cheeks as bronzer. To add a small amount of color to my cheeks I applied the Hourglass Blush in Mood Exposure, and finished up with the highlighter from the Charlotte Tilbury palette.

For my finishing touches I applied the Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Uptight and spritzed on some perfume. I slipped on my Michael by Michael Kors Piper Slings, and enjoyed a perfect Valentine's Day.

Shop my face:

XOXO and happy Valentine's Day, loves!

Be sure to check out my article about the need for self-love on Valentine's Day.

What makeup are you going to wear for Valentine's Day?
Have you used any of these beauty products?



6 comments

  1. Oh what a gorgeous look! I also really like that you used the Maybelline color tattoos - Creamy beige is a shade I use almost every day!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Creamy beige is the perfect base color.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, sushi is always yummy! Love the brown smokey eyed look! It looks super romantic with the pink lippie too. :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/valentines-day-sweethearts/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had such a fun time putting the look together!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful look Cassie! You look so sophisticated in these photos :). Sounds like you had a really fun weekend

    Alana
    fortheloveofspring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne