Go Pro With The Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette

February 16, 2017

Tarte Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette Review

Tarte Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette Review

Tarte Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette Review

If you've read through Blush and Fairy Dust over the last few weeks, you've probably noticed my fixation on a certain eyeshadow palette. The Tarte Tarteist Pro Palette, to be exact. I first mentioned it as part of my “The Makeup I Would Buy If I Won The Lottery” lust list, and then treated myself to the beauty after a lucky sale on Tarte's website. I went through the unavoidable stages of immediately wanting to swatch every single shade, to not wanting to ever use the product because it's so pristine and beautiful. Well, I eventually decided that getting my money's worth was worth it, and used the palette to create my Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial.

The first thing to note about this Tarte palette is that the box it comes in (if you order from their website) is adorable on its own. The “XO tartelette” gave me the feeling that the company appreciated me as a customer, the “make today beautiful” put a smile on my face, and the “don't quit your daydream” card was a lovely addition to the setup. The packaging of the palette itself is the perfect amount of minimalism and class; a matte black base and gold writing make for the perfect color scheme. I'm also a huge fan of the script-y, curly font that Tarte used.

Upon opening the palette, you're hit with 16 matte shades and 4 shimmers, organized in an aesthetically pleasing and color-coordinated manner. Tarte has you covered for any occasion. The shades range from light to dark, all with a purple, pink, and neutral theme. There are two perfect highlight shades, multiple lid colors, and the opportunity for endless dramatic looks. I've already tried “whimsy” as an all-over shade, and it was perfect for the current red-toned eyeshadow craze. “Bold” was another winner all over my lids with “edgy” in the crease.

I tried the shadow both with an eye primer and without, and both times it proved to last as long as I needed it to. Using a primer helped to elongate the life even further, but this eyeshadow will stay all day without a base if need be. The texture of the shadow is ridiculously soft and buttery - to the point where there is a lot of fallout both on the palette and on your face. This definitely isn't a major problem, seeing as the reason Tarte's shadow applies so rich and pigmented is because of this formula. I'd simply recommend either tapping off the excess powder on your brush or doing your eye makeup, wiping off your face, and then moving onto your face makeup. That will ensure that you don't mess up perfect concealer, highlight, and contour with unwanted eyeshadow fallout.

Generally, this Tarteist Pro Palette is amazing. The size is large enough to fit all the shadows you need, but not too big where it's an unnecessary waste of space. This also leaves room for an amazing mirror (with “Tarteist” printed on the bottom). Basically, the palette is perfect for travel because it has shades for day and night looks, plus a ridiculously perfect mirror. I can't wait to dig into some of the purple-toned shades, especially “indie,” “profesh,” and the wildcard - “trendy.”

Have you tried this Tarteist palette?
What is your favorite product from Tarte?

Follow

Tarte Tarteist Pro Eyeshadow Palette Review

6 comments

  1. I've been wanting that palette too! The colors are so pretty and super pigmented! Lucky you! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely keep your eyes out for any sales on Tarte's website; they have great deals!

      Delete
  2. oh wow. this palette looks beautiful. tarte is quite hard to get where i live. sadly.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette is gorgeous, really love the neutral colors the have and all the deeper shades! Never tried any tarte products but definitely need to pick some up next time I head to Sephora. I LOVE the gold packaging it has! The colors.

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/anniversary-fun-in-the-closet-turns-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try something from Tarte! They are one of my favorite beauty brands.

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne