February Favorites

February 27, 2017

February Favorites | Tarteist Pro Palette, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, Urban Decay Vice Lipstick & Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub

February Favorites | Urban Decay Vice Lipstick

February Favorites | Tarteist Pro Palette, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, Urban Decay Vice Lipstick & Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub

February is always a quick month, but this time around it seemed shorter than ever. It's unbelievable that spring is approaching soon. As per usual, I'm one hundred percent ready to dump the heavy coats and snow boots for light jackets and slip-on sneakers. I even prematurely wrote about my upcoming spring style (read: The College Girl's Guide to Looking Like You've Tried), where I planned out a 4-step routine for getting ready quickly in the morning. Although I'm excited for sunshine and warmth, Wisconsin's weather is unfortunately still in the thick socks and scarves zone. My spring outfits will have to wait. Till then, here's reminiscing on February's hits and misses.

The luxury love: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette

Thanks to a wonderful mother and father, I received this beauty as a Valentine's Day gift. I am overjoyed to have it in my collection and cannot stop using it. Complete with a contour or bronze shade, a shimmery highlight and luxe gold packaging, this palette can do no wrong. The darker shade works as a contour for sculpted cheeks, but also could double as a sunny bronzer on the temples and nose. As for the highlight, I can't get enough of it. Charlotte Tilbury has somehow found the perfect balance between shimmer and glow. Swipe it on the tops of the cheekbones and down the center of the nose for a stunning sheen.

The new obsession: Tarteist Pro Palette 

After seeing a fantastic sale on Tarte's website and drooling over this palette for months, I knew it was time to treat myself (read: Treat ‘Yo Self to Some Self-Love). This Tarte palette might just be everything I ever wanted in a palette. Twenty shades: 16 matte, 4 shimmer, all beautiful, the most pigmented shadows I've ever tried, lasting power for days, and enough colors to create any look you want; this palette has it all. My other palettes might get jealous, but I'm going to be spending all my time with Tarte. Read: Go Pro With the Tarteist Pro Palette.

The rediscovery: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Uptight 

I bought this lipstick last year during my search for the perfect nude. As much as I loved it, I usually used the Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb instead. It wasn't until this month that I retried Urban Decay's, and re-fell in love. The formula of this lipstick is incredible. Creamy, hydrating and pigmented combine to create a holy trinity of positives, while the shade stands out as not too nude, yet not too pink. I love that I could wear this color with any makeup look to appear polished and sophisticated. If you're looking to buy a new lipstick, I strongly recommend the Vice line (they have 100 gorgeous shades to choose from). Read: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Review.

The new find: Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub

Soap & Glory is a brand that I've always wanted to try. After running out of my last scrub, I decided it was time to make the move. I've only used the scrub a few times, but have loved each usage. The ingredients in this scrub were what appealed to me, especially the shea and honey extract. The consistency is what has kept me using it: it's great for a gentle exfoliation, but is still abrasive enough to get off all the dead skin. I love the sweet maple scent (unexpected, but amazing for pamper nights). Finally, the packaging on all Soap & Glory products makes me want to buy the entire collection. It looks adorable on the shelf of your shower or sitting next to your sink. A must-have for dry, winter skin! 

Shop my favorites:

Be sure to check out all of these products in action in my Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial and follow Blush and Fairy Dust for more beauty advice!

Follow

What are your February Favorites?

4 comments

  1. Omg! I've been eyeing the tarte and Charlotte Tillbury for the longest time! The packaging and colors look sooo pretty for the tarte palette. I am definitely going to need to save for this now, hehe! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/joiful-launch-event/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out the Tarte palette! It is ridiculously amazing.

      Delete
  2. Ahh I am obsessing over your Charlotte Tilbury palette! SO gorgeous - the shades are all beautiful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice palette! Definitely worth the hefty price tag.

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne