January Favorites

January 26, 2017




January seems to have gone by slowly, but simultaneously passed in the blink of an eye. It was like the landing of an airplane - everything is suspended until you hit the ground, realizing the speed at which you are going. I went from an uneventful, relaxing break (including a tropical vacation), to a jam-packed schedule of class, editing, writing, and lots of adulting. It's clear to me, after looking at the events of the last few weeks, why my favorites are so limited this month. I went from not applying makeup because there was no reason to, to not having the energy to apply it. Life goes on, however, and with the help of my newly created stress emergency kit, I am ready to conquer February.

The obvious winner this month was the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (both pressed and liquid). The only Becca product I had tried prior to this was the highlighter in Champagne Pop, which I thought was my one and only (seriously, read my glowing review). That shade is still just as beautiful as ever, but I'm falling head over heels for Moonstone. Dabbing a bit of the liquid highlighter onto your cheeks, nose, and cupid's bow leaves a gorgeous, natural sheen, while the powder form leaves the perfect amount of shimmer and shine. For my skin tone, the pale gold works well in the winter, while Champagne Pop could be more of a summer shade.

Something that I haven't mentioned much in the past is my love for literature. I want to give my recommendations more, starting with my 2017 reading bucketlist. Milk and Honey, by Rupi Kaur, is one of the most interesting works I've read in quite some time (and I'm an English Lit major). Composed of short poems that discuss different aspects of relationships and womanhood, Kaur speaks to anyone who has ever loved, been loved, hurt, been hurt, cried, hugged, kissed, dreamed. I would recommend this to everyone with a heart.

Lastly, I have to mention a few fashion favorites. I found the Urban Outfitters Ecote Guinevere Dress on sale for $6, and the Old Navy V-Neck Dress for $10. Obviously, that balances out the Michael by Michael Kors Piper Sling that I am so in love with. Finding cute shoes that fit small-sized feet is a feat, so I am happy to call these mine.

January may have been a bummer of a month, but I am still confident that 2017 will be a brilliant year.

Shop my favorites:



What was the highlight of your January?

3 comments

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne