Cancun Snaps

January 16, 2017



Although I am no longer poolside, basking in the sun, I am still trying to keep some of that warmth with me by reminiscing on the few wonderful days I spent in Cancun. The weather wasn't perfect, but we still managed to relax, walk along the beach, and get a bit of sunburn.

After a lovely first morning at the JW Marriott pool, the weather took a turn for the worse and we were forced to spend the afternoon inside.


All was not lost, however, because we had a great dinner at Fred's House. Do not miss the banana churros; I actually died of tastiness while eating them.


I wore a new Urban Outfitters Dress that I got on sale for $6 (bargain buy of the year, amiright?), accompanied by my newest love, the Michael by Michael Kors Piper Sling. I love how the shoes channel the vibes of the 60s & 70s.





A photo posted by Cassie Hurwitz (@churwitz23) on


We unfortunately had another cloudy day, and eventually headed to SeƱor Frogs for dinner. This is the ultimate place to go if you're looking for good drinks & a party atmosphere (you can tell by the sign they put on the back of my chair).


The next day we headed over to Isla Mujeres, a small island off the coast of Mexico. It's accessible by a 20 minute ferry ride, and is definitely something to check out if you love going off the beaten track. While the downtown area was a little touristy, you can rent a golf cart (embrace your tourist status, it's a good way to get around the island), and see some gorgeous views of the water. You can also spot some adorable bright houses, doors, and windows.
















I sported my Everlane Box Cut Tee and a denim jacket (similar ones from Levi'sTopshopAsosGap) to be prepared for both sun and clouds.



We were pretty tired after coming back, but still managed to make it to a fantastic dinner at Harry's. It's not the best restaurant to go to for a taste of Mexico, but the food is delicious and the service is impeccable.

Finally, on our last day we had the perfect beach day. The sun was shining, not a cloud was in the sky, and we relaxed by the pool all day. I couldn't help but snap some shots of the gorgeous view from our balcony.




Our final dinner was spent at Lorenzillo's, a restaurant on the water (literally, a crocodile swam up to our table). I wore a $10 Old Navy Dress (second best bargain buy) with my favorite Michael Kors Josephine Wedge, and my stunning Nadri Necklace.







Shop my wardrobe:

Shop my face (and check out my complete makeup bag):



Have you ever been to Cancun?
Where are you excited to travel in 2017?

4 comments

  1. lovely smile
    Thank you for sharing
    New post
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/2017/01/mix-match-satin-and-tulle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks like you had a fabulous time!! I'm loving your dress, and what a steal that was!!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so impressed by the price.

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne