5 TV Shows to Cuddle Up With this Winter

January 12, 2017

5 netflix shows to watch in winter

5 netflix shows to watch in winter

When the weather forecast reads a number lower than the age you got your driver's license, there is absolutely nothing better than throwing on cozy pajamas and socks, grabbing a bag of popcorn or chips, and unapologetically bingeing on your favorite TV series.

Prior to this year, I'd been a pretty dedicated film fanatic. Thanks to a class I took this past semester (and a newly acquired Netflix subscription), I have now become a TV nut. There is something very rewarding about finishing a series, and I can proudly say I have finished quite a few over the past couple years. While I am by no means an expert, here are five TV shows that I strongly recommend bingeing on this winter.

1. 30 Rock (available on Netflix)
Considering Tina Fey is quite an idol of mine, I figured it was about time I got this show under my belt. The humor is completely weird and awkward and odd, but that is what makes the show so wonderful. It was very easy to fly through the first season, and I am quickly making my way through more (but have been slightly stalled by recommendation #2).

2. Orphan Black (available on BBC America's website)
WOW, this show has completely captured me. If you are interested in conspiracy, geeky science, badass female leads, and action oriented stories, do yourself a favor and watch this show. I have somehow managed to breeze through 2 and a half seasons in a few days...enough said.

3. New Girl (available on Netflix)
I strongly believe that I would not have survived fall semester without the help of this show. The characters are goofy, fun, and stupid, yet lovable and relatable at the same time. While it bears many similarities to other sitcoms I've watched, I still find it enjoyable and easy to binge-watch. It's currently on the sixth season, so you could totally catch up in no time.

4. Stranger Things (available on Netflix)
Regardless of what happens with the upcoming second season, the first eight episodes of this show blew me away. I've never been a fan of horror-related things, yet the “scary” parts of this show did not matter because of the attachment I developed to the characters. The lovable, dorky kids are perfect, especially in the small town, retro 80s setting. Plus, you've got Winona Ryder returning as another badass female lead.

5. The Office (available on Netflix)
Ah, the OG. This was the first series I ever fell in love with, and will always go back to it, regardless of any other show I watch. I will assume that most people with access to Netflix or a television will have watched The Office by now, but if you haven't - what in the world are you waiting for? Humor, sweet love stories, funny rivalries, a terrible boss; you cannot go wrong with this classic.

What are your favorite TV shows?
What series do you recommend for the winter?

12 comments

  1. Stranger things was THE best!!! I need to check out some of these others!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I watched it in just a few days!

      Delete
  2. Yesss! I am currently watching New Girl and just finished Stranger Things! I've just begun watching Black Mirror and Chicago Med! :) Both super good!

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/dont-look-back/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about Black Mirror, that might have to be next on my list!

      Delete
  3. I could watch 30 Rock and The Office all day! I usually have an episode of The Office on as background noise when I work, actually!
    Great list! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off - love your blog name! And New Girl is one of my favorite shows. I just finish ed The OA and The Fall, both were amazing.

    -Leslie | laughawaychaos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't heard of those shows, I'll have to check them out.

      Delete
  5. love reading about posts like this as a there might be some TV shows I don't know about! I love Gossip Girl - old school I know and Scandal is really good too x

    \franklyflawless.com| Jo Malone Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely considered watching Scandal, and might do so soon.

      Delete
  6. I loved Stranger Things! Have you seen Younger?? It's my obsession!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I'll have to check it out!

      Delete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne