May 29, 2016 • Beauty
With the end of May just around the corner, I can almost smell summer approaching. If you can't tell from my bucketlist, it's one of my favorite seasons because it has so much to offer. The weather is great, I love spending time outside, and it's acceptable to have ice cream whenever you want. Beyond that, I tend to wear less makeup when the weather heats up, so my favorites are a bit sparse this month. If you're interested in the quick & easy makeup I've been wearing recently, which includes some of this month's favorites, check out 5 Minutes, 5 Products, Pt. 2.
May 22, 2016 • Beauty
About a year ago I wrote 5 Minutes, 5 Products, in which I listed 5 products for a complete face that are quick and easy to use. This routine is perfect for busy summer mornings when I want to look put together, but I don't have much time. I have a whole new regimen of products that I love now, and are just as fast and simple as the old ones.
May 15, 2016 • Inspire
In September I wrote a personal post about my emotions upon leaving for college (read that here). I've now finished my freshman year, and I wanted to reflect on everything that has changed. I'll get back to my usual beauty ramblings soon, but as writing is my true love (and I mentioned that I wanted to do more of it in my summer bucketlist), I felt the need to express myself through it.
May 8, 2016 • bucketlist, Inspire, Summer
Yes, it is way too incredibly early for a summer bucketlist. No, I do not care. The weather is finally beautiful where I live, and summer is basically a hop, skip, and a jump away. It's pretty much my favorite season, so it's safe to say I'm very excited for it. Combining my love of the season and bucketlists, here are just a few of the things I can't wait to do this summer.
- Save money. After spending a year at college, I've learned the importance of making a budget for yourself. I want to start fresh this summer and figure out the best way to save myself money. Right now I'm a fan of stashing all the $1 bills I get, and using that for something special.
- Write more. I absolutely love writing, but I never actually sit down and let out my thoughts and feelings. I want to start doing that more, as I find that it's an incredibly therapeutic way for me to deal with my problems.
- Keep in touch with friends. I've always had difficulties keeping up long distance friendships, but after meeting so many amazing people during freshman year, I need to learn how better to stay in touch in order to maintain those friendships.
- Make delicious food. My guilty pleasure over the last few months has been watching Buzzfeed's Tasty videos (that page that shows all the minute-long videos of someone making something yummy) on Facebook. Considering I'll have a full kitchen in my apartment next year, I need to learn how to be a better cook. This summer I plan on trying out all the best recipes.
- Cubs game. Yes, the Cubs have awoken from their 100+ year long slumber of being a terrible baseball team (just kidding, they've had a few good seasons). I haven't been to a game in years, but I can't wait to get to Wrigley Field this summer and get a hot dog and some peanuts.
- Road trip. There's a beautiful state park in Illinois that has stunning waterfalls, and I need to go there soon. It looks like the perfect spot for lots of pictures and a day of relishing in nature at its finest.
- Puppies. Dogs are pretty much my favorite thing on the planet, but I've never been able to own one for varying reasons. Last summer my best friend and I realized that we can go into pet stores and play with the puppies for a few minutes (or a few hours). It's the best mood booster.
- Taste of Chicago. I love my city, and I love my city's food, so Taste is essentially my perfect place. Most of the best food vendors in the city gather round for a few days and you can basically walk around and try tons of different cuisines. All delicious, by the way.
- Apartment crafts. Like I said, I'll be moving into an apartment next year, and I can't wait to make some fun decorations. I'm not the best with DIY, but I do love trying, and there's a ton of fun ideas I have in mind.
What do you want to do this summer?
What's your favorite season?
May 1, 2016 • Beauty
I'd like to lodge a formal complaint against the world for making time move by so fast. I cannot believe it's already May, and that I've nearly completed my freshman year of college. So much has happened, but it flew by in a second. I haven't had a ton of time to dabble with new makeup, but as always there are a few bits that I've been reaching for.