November Favorites

December 5, 2016

November Favorites: Hanukkah sweatshirt, Too Faced mascara, Urban Decay concealer, Canon Rebel SL1 camera

November was a whirlwind of a month. I can't believe 2016 is nearly over, but I am looking forward to a fresh start come the new year. As always, I have a few favorites that I want to share.

The exciting purchase...Canon Eos Rebel SL1 Camera
As I mentioned in my last post, I have finally got my hands on a nice camera. I picked the smallest of all the Canon selections, however after using it for a few weeks I think it is absolutely wonderful. The quality of the 50mm f/1.8 lens that I purchased is beautiful, especially for portrait photos. My camera also came with the standard 18-55mm lens, and an additional 75-300mm lens. Both of these are nice for tight spaces, because they zoom in and out. The 50mm does not zoom, and therefore you must move yourself to find the perfect spacing. The zoom lenses have slightly lower clarity, but are still great for learning. I would highly recommend this camera (and the lenses) for anyone who wants to get into photography but does not know where to begin.

The rediscovery...Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
It has been quite some time since I've used this mascara, but I repurchased it on a whim and am remembering how much I used to love it. Besides having a beautiful tube (I have been obsessed with light pink recently - just look at my Pinterest), the brush is perfect for giving your lashes both volume and length. In addition, the formula lasts well throughout the day, but doesn't stick to my lashes when I'm trying to remove my makeup.

The cult classic...Urban Decay Naked Concealer
I've talked about this plenty upon purchasing, but I really do love it. There is a possiblity that I might go back to my beloved Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, however I do think that UD's concealer gives Nars' a run for its money. It is creamy and long-lasting, and does a great job of covering up dark circles and spots. In addition, the bottle looks nice within my makeup collection.

The app...Waterlogged
I have been using this app to track my water consumption over the past few months, and I think it has really helped me to hydrate more throughout the day. It's very easy: you set a daily goal, and enter each glass or bottle of water you have had. I find that the app really helps me to think about what I'm putting into my body.

The new find...Bath and Body Works 'Magic in the Air' Ultra Shea Body Cream
Another product that I mentioned in my last post, which is perfect for dry winter skin. The cream contains shea butter, meaning it is ridiculously moisturizing. Using this every night has helped to keep my skin soft and smooth, even as the weather is getting colder. In addition, this smells delicious.

The special gift...Nadri Necklace
I was very, very lucky to receive this beautiful necklace from my wonderful boyfriend. It looks stunning paired with every outfit, casual or fancy. I especially love how there are multiple settings for the clasp, so that you can wear the necklace a little shorter, or a little longer.

The holiday one...TeeStars Hanukkah Sweater
Amidst all the funny Christmas sweaters, I had to represent some Hanukkah. This one is soft and relatively priced, and I absolutely adore the menorah and smiling dreidel design. It is extremely comfortable, especially for cold winter nights!

What was your favorite part of November?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne