October Favorites

November 7, 2016

October Favorites: Plaid blanket scarf, bath and body works candle, urban decay concealer

A little late, but October was a month filled to the brim with activities. I managed to grab a few items that I completely fell in love with, and will probably be blabbing on about for the next few months. Although I'm happy with the results of this month, I am definitely looking forward to my Thanksgiving break (and for all the delicious food!), when I'll be able to have some time to relax and unwind.

Urban Decay Naked Concealer
After hearing great reviews of this for months, I finally caved once my last concealer ran out. I already love it after a couple weeks use, and would say that it even compares to my all-time favorite, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. It provides excellent coverage, blends seamlessly, color matches well, and is extremely smooth. The coverage typically stays for most of the day, however it does fade slightly and could use retouching in the afternoon/evening. But if reapplied, it layers well and doesn't look patchy. I do wish this was slightly more affordable, but absolutely love it otherwise.

Charlotte Tilbury Rock N' Kohl Liner 
This came at the perfect time amidst all my midterm exams and assignments, and it has been making me happy ever since. I have the shade 'Bedroom Black', which is a dark, matte black that looks perfect any way it is applied. My favorite way to wear this is smudged close to my upper lash line, with a light layer of mascara for an every day, low-key effect. It has amazing staying power, which is ridiculously helpful for long days of class and studying.

Bath and Body Works Lavender Vanilla Candle
Thanks to Bath & Body Work's amazing sales, I picked this up for $12.50 instead of the usual $22 (sure, this sale runs fairly often, but a 3-wick candle for $12 is great regardless). I was trying to find a great seasonal scent, but this was the one that called out to me most. It's simple, calming, and isn't too strong, which are my favorite aspects of a candle.

Plaid Blanket Scarf
Every time I logged onto Pinterest (pst: follow me!) this month, I managed to see at least one picture of a camel coat paired with a huge plaid scarf. I have now purchased versions of both, which I have explained in detail in this post. The scarf is incredible - soft, warm, and matches literally everything. It looks great with army coats, denim jackets, and of course, my new camel coat.

What did you love this month?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne