New In: Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks

August 14, 2016


It was a bit shocking when I read the news that Urban Decay was revamping their entire lipstick collection. That changed however, when I actually saw the collection. There are 100 gorgeous shades, ranging from nude to pink to red to purple (even some wildcards like blue!), and come in finishes varying from Cream to Comfort Matte to Mega Matte to Sheer to Metallized to Sheer Shimmer. I think that's everything.

Basically, whatever shade & finish combination you want, the Urban Decay Vice Collection has got it. It took me a good 10 minutes just to pick out the shade I went home with, even with the store not having everything in stock. When I finally did choose, I went for the Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Uptight, a Comfort Matte. Honestly, I could've picked about 14 of the shades to buy, but one will suffice for now.

The shade is described as a warm nude. On my lips it definitely looks nude as compared to my skintone, but what gives it interest is that it has slight peach, almost bordering on orange undertone. That may sound super weird, but I've always had issues with nude shades making me look dead, and anything that can help that to not happen is a-okay with me. Even though it has those undertones, this shade is still very nude and can be worn with pretty much everything.

I won't say this is the perfect matte finish, because it didn't really stay on through meals. But as this is the Comfort Matte, I didn't really expect anything spectacular. I'm not a huge fan of overly drying matte finishes, so this is actually pretty perfect for me because it doesn't dry out my lips but appears matte and sticks around for a few hours. I'm guessing if you need something that is essentially indestructible, the Mega Matte is more up your alley.

Overall, I'm loving this lipstick, shade-wise and formula. If I decide to splurge, I'd definitely buy this is more shades and finishes.

Have you tried these?
What is your favorite lipstick?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne