August Favorites

August 28, 2016


I cannot believe that September is just a few days away. August has been a tumultuous month filled with work, travel, and moving. I am now officially living in an apartment, on the cusp of the beginning of my sophomore year of college. It's hard to comprehend that I'm basically an adult, because it's safe to say I don't feel like one. Seriously - I still call my mom every time I have a problem (thank you for your unending patience). Although this year will be the start of a new path, I know it will be a great one that will offer me an insane amount of room to grow.


The new release...Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Uptight
I discussed this more in a full review last week, but in short, I've been loving the shade and formula of this lipstick. It's a warm nude with pink/peach undertones, which I love because it's a nude that has life, not one that completely blends in with my skin. After wearing it for a few hours my lips feel slightly drier, but I don't mind because the finish is pretty matte. There are 100 shades to choose from with 6 different finishes. Definitely recommend checking out this collection.

The skincare item...Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment
I needed a new eye cream but didn't want to dish out tons of money, so opted for a drugstore version that I'd heard good things about. I've only been using it for a few days, but I already love the texture and scent. After applying it before going to sleep I wake up in the morning with perfectly hydrated under eyes.

The read...Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
After reading Tina Fey's autobiography, Bossypants (and absolutely loving it), I picked up Kaling's book and read it in just a few days. Her voice is hilarious, and I loved reading about not only her time at The Office, but also her struggles to finally get there. I'm not usually into celebrity memoirs, but this is one to definitely check out.

The cute finds...Woodland Creature Chip Clips and Alpaca Sticky Notes
I took a trip to Portland, OR a few weeks ago (read more here: portland snaps) and spent quite a few hours in Powell's Books. I found both of these adorable home goods and absolutely could not pass them up. I love animals a lot, in case you can't tell.

The office supplies...Ubrands Push Pins
Once again on the home goods topic, I found these gorgeous tacks at Target and just knew I needed them. I love all the patterns and colors in the pack, and these can really spruce up a bulletin board or picture wall.

What did you love in August?
Are you starting any new chapters of your life this month?

2 comments

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne