July Favorites

July 31, 2016



The new find...Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
This blush has been a favorite in the blogging world for as long as I've been a part of it, yet I had never tried it, even though I knew I would love it. I finally grabbed it while at the drugstore a couple weeks ago, and boy have I not been able to stop using it. The shade is somewhat difficult to describe, but it's basically a mix between peach and pink with lots of golden shimmer. That itself is gorgeous, however the best part of it is that it accompanies and emphasizes your summer glow to make it unbelievably stunning. Best paired with Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer + Becca Champagne Pop.

The forever favorite...L'oreal Silkissime Liner in Cobalt Blue
This whole line of eyeliners is a dream. They go on ridiculously smooth and soft, yet last a crazy long time anywhere, even the waterline. This shade is no different, but the color is what makes it so special. I've never seen anything quite like it, and it packs some serious punch. The bright blue adds a pop of interest to any basic eye look. There haven't been many occasions in my life recently that I've been able to wear this to, but I can't wait to experiment more come fall.

The rediscovery...Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara
I've used about 4 million different mascaras, and sometimes I forget their names and the degree to which I liked them. That happened with this particular mascara, and after picking it up again I realized that I had used it before. Now this isn't my be-all, end-all mascara, but it definitely gives your lashes serious volume and length, and isn't going anywhere (if you've got the waterproof version). The one reason that I now remember I didn't repurchase it for is because it's essentially impossible to remove without ripping out multiple eyelashes. Fun!

The app...WellSpent
Now that I'm entering adulthood (shudder), it's time that I get serious about spending. I found this app during my search for budget-friendly tools and have been enjoying it all July. It's pretty simple & self-explanatory, but quickly, you add in a specific budget, like 'Summer Food', and a price, like $150, and continuously add transactions. It's helpful for me because I can set a limit and see how it decreases through each purchase, plus it forces me to split up my money and really think about where the bulk of it goes.

The read...Mosquitoland by David Arnold
This was my book choice for the month and I really couldn't put it down every time I picked it up. It's a younger YA, but as a lover of literature I feel that anyone can read anything they want to, no matter the level. You can truly learn something from everything you read! Go for this novel if you love adventures, sweet love stories, fantastic descriptions, and awesome side characters.

The 'looking forward'...Portland, OR
In a couple weeks I'm headed off to Portland for a few days with my mom and sister for a mother-daughter getaway! I couldn't be more excited to experience a new city that's supposed to be very quirky and unique. Watch out for a post with my pictures, restaurant suggestions, and outfit ideas coming mid-August.

What have you loved this month?
What are you looking forward to in August?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne