June Favorites

June 26, 2016



The new find...Michael by Michael Kors Josephine Wedges
I was ridiculously excited to find these not only in my size, but also in multiple colors in my size. Finding shoes to fit my tiny feet that are cute and comfortable is one of biggest struggles (yes, yes, first world problems, I know). I was doubly excited to find these because I've been slightly obsessed with this cornflower/baby/sky blue that has been cropping up everywhere. Not only do these wedges have an amazing color, but they also have a gorgeous shape with cutouts on the side, plus out of all of the wedges and heels I've worn, the discomfort level isn't too shabby.

The forever favorite...Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner
This is one of my all time favorite liquid liners, and I'm so happy that I now have a fresh, new one. The shape of the pen makes applying liner incredibly easy, and after applied it really does stay all day. This is the perfect accompaniment to any extravagant eyeshadow look, and looks gorgeous on its own.

The rediscovery...L'oreal Silkissime Eyeliner in Black
After getting a new liquid liner, I've begun quite an obsession with eyeliners this month. I hadn't used this guy in forever, but after searching through my makeup collection for my 10 under $10, I found this again and have not stopped using it since. The pigmentation is amazing and completely black, and these last just as long as the liquid liner, even on the waterline. This + the Stila liquid liner = perfection.

The highlighters...Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne PopBenefit That Gal, and Benefit High Beam
Not only have I been obsessed with light blue and eyeliner - I've also been obsessed with highlighters. As per always, Champagne Pop is my #1. The golden, shimmery shade is stunning on the tops of the cheekbones paired with any cheek color, and it has amazing lasting power. That Gal and High Beam are liquid, which creates a dewier effect. The latter is extreme and perfect for a night out, whereas the prior is fairly natural and can be used every day.

The oldie but goodie...Real Techniques Setting Brush
To accompany all the highlighters I've been using, this brush has been my best friend. It's the perfect size and shape to get just a bit of shimmer on the tops of your cheekbones and down the center of your nose. Plus, it's very, very cheap when looking at brushes.

The read...The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
This novel had been on my list for a long time, and I finally got around to it this month. Every woman should read this book, because its feminist themes resonated with me even 50 years after it was written. The writing itself is amazing and compelling, and the story is an interesting look into a woman's descent into madness.

What have you loved this month?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne