Summer 2016 Bucketlist

May 8, 2016


Yes, it is way too incredibly early for a summer bucketlist. No, I do not care. The weather is finally beautiful where I live, and summer is basically a hop, skip, and a jump away. It's pretty much my favorite season, so it's safe to say I'm very excited for it. Combining my love of the season and bucketlists, here are just a few of the things I can't wait to do this summer.
  1. Save money. After spending a year at college, I've learned the importance of making a budget for yourself. I want to start fresh this summer and figure out the best way to save myself money. Right now I'm a fan of stashing all the $1 bills I get, and using that for something special. 
  2. Write more. I absolutely love writing, but I never actually sit down and let out my thoughts and feelings. I want to start doing that more, as I find that it's an incredibly therapeutic way for me to deal with my problems. 
  3. Keep in touch with friends. I've always had difficulties keeping up long distance friendships, but after meeting so many amazing people during freshman year, I need to learn how better to stay in touch in order to maintain those friendships. 
  4. Make delicious food. My guilty pleasure over the last few months has been watching Buzzfeed's Tasty videos (that page that shows all the minute-long videos of someone making something yummy) on Facebook. Considering I'll have a full kitchen in my apartment next year, I need to learn how to be a better cook. This summer I plan on trying out all the best recipes. 
  5. Cubs game. Yes, the Cubs have awoken from their 100+ year long slumber of being a terrible baseball team (just kidding, they've had a few good seasons). I haven't been to a game in years, but I can't wait to get to Wrigley Field this summer and get a hot dog and some peanuts. 
  6. Road trip. There's a beautiful state park in Illinois that has stunning waterfalls, and I need to go there soon. It looks like the perfect spot for lots of pictures and a day of relishing in nature at its finest. 
  7. Puppies. Dogs are pretty much my favorite thing on the planet, but I've never been able to own one for varying reasons. Last summer my best friend and I realized that we can go into pet stores and play with the puppies for a few minutes (or a few hours). It's the best mood booster. 
  8. Taste of Chicago. I love my city, and I love my city's food, so Taste is essentially my perfect place. Most of the best food vendors in the city gather round for a few days and you can basically walk around and try tons of different cuisines. All delicious, by the way. 
  9. Apartment crafts. Like I said, I'll be moving into an apartment next year, and I can't wait to make some fun decorations. I'm not the best with DIY, but I do love trying, and there's a ton of fun ideas I have in mind. 
What do you want to do this summer?
What's your favorite season? 

2 comments

  1. I need to lose a bit of weight, I have been eating so unhealthy too which is the reason for the weight gain so I am in the right mind frame now :) Your hair looks so cool in that photo.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Cat Hampurr Subscription Box April
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no place quite like Wrigleyville. I'm a Cubs fan living in Milwaukee which isn't very easy. Good luck with all of your summer goals! I'm hoping to spend a bit more time outdoors this summer. I'm always exhausted after work and I tend to just plop down on the couch until it's time for bed.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne