May Favorites

May 29, 2016


With the end of May just around the corner, I can almost smell summer approaching. If you can't tell from my bucketlist, it's one of my favorite seasons because it has so much to offer. The weather is great, I love spending time outside, and it's acceptable to have ice cream whenever you want. Beyond that, I tend to wear less makeup when the weather heats up, so my favorites are a bit sparse this month. If you're interested in the quick & easy makeup I've been wearing recently, which includes some of this month's favorites, check out 5 Minutes, 5 Products, Pt. 2

The new find...Pacifica Hand Cream in Island Vanilla
When I caught a whiff of this scent I knew I had to have it. Vanilla is one of my favorite scents, and this one is perfect. It's warm, but appropriate for all seasons, and not too sweet or sickly. It's a great size to carry around in my purse, and keeps my hands soft and smooth.

The oldie but goodie...Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose
I've loved this blush for a long time now, and right now it's my favorite go-to shade. It looks boring in the pan, but it gives a gorgeous natural flush with slight pink undertones. I especially love pairing it with a bold eye or lip, because it doesn't take away from the drama. Plus, this literally stays on forever without fading.

The basic one...Carmex Lip Balm
Yes, this is a pretty boring favorite, but I've been using this instead of lipstick for a natural/clear gloss, and I love the effect. It's perfect for my lightweight summer makeup, and it hydrates my lips at the same time.

The fashion find...Dakota Watch from Charming Charlie
I got this a few months ago and cannot stop wearing it. The blue/periwinkle color is so different from any watch I've seen before, and I love how it updates my spring and summer wardrobe. The design of the face is gorgeous, and even though it's super cheap, it feels like a decent quality.

What have you loved in May?
What is your idea summer makeup?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne