April Favorites

May 1, 2016

April Favorites

I'd like to lodge a formal complaint against the world for making time move by so fast. I cannot believe it's already May, and that I've nearly completed my freshman year of college. So much has happened, but it flew by in a second. I haven't had a ton of time to dabble with new makeup, but as always there are a few bits that I've been reaching for.

The unexpected one...Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette
I was lucky to receive this palette from a friend, but prior to that it wasn't something I thought I would be interested in. The shades are very pink/mauve toned, which I don't usually gravitate towards, but I find these to be incredibly wearable and don't give you that odd pink eye look. The shades are all highly pigmented and have amazing lasting power, especially if used with a primer underneath. To see it in action, check out my birthday tutorial.

The new find...Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette
I picked up this stunner about a month ago after weeks of contemplating the purchase. I was wary of buying this because I already have quite a few eyeshadow palettes, but after using it for a while I'm so happy I took the plunge. The shadows aren't as pigmented and buttery as some others that I've tried, but the shade selection is brilliant. It comes with all the neutral shades you could possibly want, but also has a handful of brighter and darker shades that are gorgeous for something more daring. For a full review, go here.

The oldie but goodie...Tarte Blush in Blissful
I tend to pull out this blush when the weather starts to get a little nicer, because the warm peach/coral shade is perfect for the spring and summer. I love the quality of this product, because it's the happy medium between too pigmented (where you look like you've been slapped in the face) and not pigmented enough (where you need to apply 7 layers to get a hint of color). It also stays incredibly well, even in the midst of summer.

The forever favorite...Becca x Jaclyn Hill Highlighter in Champagne Pop
I've mentioned this highlighter plenty of times before, as have many others in the beauty world, but I still continue to use it most days, especially now that summer is approaching and I'm looking for glowing skin (read more about how I'm achieving that here). This product is perfect because it gives a beautiful golden glow with a touch of shimmer wherever you apply it. Read my full review here.

The rediscovery...Vitabath Orchid & Coconut Body Wash
I repurchased this a few months ago for a post I wrote all about my favorite coconut-scented products (read that here). It used to be one of my absolute favorite scents, but I hadn't used it in a while, and after having it the past few months I've remembered how great it is. I love the way this lathers, and the scent lingers so well on my skin, which is a great plus.

What did you love in April?
What do you like using in the spring and summer?

1 comment

  1. I love your favorites this month! I really want to try the Bon Bon Palette too, but Im waiting for more Jeffree Star releases!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne