5 Minutes, 5 Products, Pt. 2

May 22, 2016



About a year ago I wrote 5 Minutes, 5 Products, in which I listed 5 products for a complete face that are quick and easy to use. This routine is perfect for busy summer mornings when I want to look put together, but I don't have much time. I have a whole new regimen of products that I love now, and are just as fast and simple as the old ones.


First up is the Bobbi Brown Corrector. Yes, I've mentioned this nearly 7 thousand times, but I still love it. The coverage it provides is amazing, and the peachy tone makes it perfect for covering up my blue dark circles. This is all I really need to wake up my face in the morning, especially during the summer when I want less heavy coverage on my skin.

I follow my concealer up with a thin line of the L'oreal Voluminous Superstar Liquid Liner on my upper lash lines. I don't like to make it too thick, so I make sure to use the tip of the liner nib, and keep it as close to my lash line as possible, only making it slightly thicker at the outer corners of my eyes. I've been using this liner for a while now, and it's not incredible, but it'll do if you're on a budget. It's not the longest lasting or most intense, but if you dab a bit of black eyeshadow on top or use a primer underneath, it's much better.

To finish of the eyes I add multiple coats of Maybelline's The Falsies, which is an all-around fantastic mascara, especially for something from the drugstore. It's one of those that can be built up for major impact in the volume and length department, but can also be kept light and fluttery with just a few coats. I like the drama, so I basically add as much as possible. Bonus points for curling your lashes beforehand.

I'm all about the cheeks right now, so I swirl a blush brush into the Milani Rose Blush in Romantic Rose. This is a gorgeous neutral shade that has slight hints of pink and peach, but pretty much goes with everything. I love the natural flush it gives me, and I really love that it stays all day, even in the middle of the summer heat (read: full review).

The blush is super matte, so the last step is to apply the Jaclyn Hill x Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop, which is another one that I've raved about for months (read: full review). It's full of golden shimmer that really packs a punch, but I think it's amazing for a summer glow. After running it over the tops of my cheekbones I like to put a little down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid's bow.

I've been loving leaving my lips product-free by using just a bit of clear balm on them, because I feel as though this fits in with the natural theme of the rest of the makeup. Feel free to add a tinted balm into the mix for a little more color, but other than that these 5 products combine perfectly for a quick, breezy summer look.

PS: Interested in reading more of my writing, in addition to writing by other fashion, beauty, culture, and arts-interested college students? Check out Moda Magazine, especially the May Issue, to read an article by yours truly.

What are your top 5 products for getting ready fast?

2 comments

  1. I've heard many good things about the Bobbi Brown corrector - I definitely need it in my life with my awful dark circles haha!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound like great products. I've heard a lot of good things about the Bobbi Brown corrector too and Lisa Eldridge always seems to use it too :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne