The Perfect Nude: Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick

April 3, 2016


I briefly mentioned in my March favorites the immense difficulty I have had in finding the perfect nude lipstick. It seems that I have a skintone that isn't well suited to many nude lip shades that fit the crowd, but it's no matter, because I have finally succeeded in finding a nude lipstick that actually looks good on me.


The lipstick comes from the new line from Bite Beauty, the Amuse Bouche Lipsticks. My perfect shade is Honeycomb, which is described as a "beige nude". I really love the story behind this brand, because every product is made with completely natural ingredients that are safe to consume, because that's technically what ends up happening with lipstick.

These lipsticks apply fairly matte, so it's important to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, using something like the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish or the Bite Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub. I find that because it's a matte finish, the lipstick is slightly drying after wearing for a few hours. If I have time I like to apply some lip balm and reapply the lipstick at some point during the day.

When I apply this it's quite a light nude, but still darker than my skintone, so I don't get that 'concealer lips' effect. As the day goes on, this oxidizes slightly and turns a bit darker. It doesn't get to the point where it becomes brown, and I start to look like Kylie Jenner, but it is something to keep in mind when buying this shade.

Overall I think these are a great new release, considering the line has over 30 different shades that suit tons of different skintones. Each goes for $26, so you can treat yourself without breaking the bank. These are also really fun for the spring and summer, because they have a light citrus scent that reminds me of the upcoming warm weather.

What's your favorite nude lipstick?
Have you tried anything from Bite?

3 comments

  1. I'm IN LOVE with this shade! It's definitely something I would wear myself. I've never tried Bite Beauty but this looks great x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything from Bite! I've seen a lot of beautiful shades in a lot of blogs but I'm not sure if I want plummy or nudes like this one, they're all so pretty. Love this color though!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a lovely shade! I'm on the search for a good brownish nude and that looks perfect x

    http://www.twenty-once.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne