Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

April 10, 2016

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

I'm a little late on this one, but I picked up the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette and have been just about dying over it for the past couple weeks. I'd had my eye on it for a while, and I don't think I've been this excited about a palette since the Naked 3 Palette from Urban Decay, so I figured it was worth it.

The first (and pretty much only) thing you need to know about this is that it literally. smells. like. chocolate. It's a common theme with many of the Too Faced products, but it's still a pleasant surprise whenever you open it up. In addition to that, the packaging is pretty damn adorable, and I love how the eyeshadows are shaped like hearts. It's also a pretty sturdy palette and comes with a mirror.

Looking at the shades, they're pretty much divided half and half between mattes and shimmers. One thing that really caught my eye about the selection is that there are a handful of shades that would work perfectly in the crease as a transition shade. The mattes are a little stiff and take a bit of time to work up the pigmentation, but a tip for this is to mix the shade with water or eyeshadow primer to make it creamier and bolder.

As for the shimmery shades, these are very pigmented and buttery. I love how some of the shades are easy and wearable, but some are bright and daring (I'm looking at you, Totally Fetch). Although I'll probably never wear the pinks out in public, it's nice to play around with. It's also helpful to have some fun shades in your collection because you never know when you'll need them. This past Halloween I dressed up in some 80's getup and wore bright pink on my lids. This would've been helpful to have.

I've found that Cashew Chew, Satin Sheets, Cafe Au Lait, and Molasses Chip are all beautiful on the lid, while Almond Truffle, Pecan Praline, and Mocha are all great in the crease. I'm in love with Bordeaux, Dark Truffle, and Malted as accent/outer corner shades. I can't wait to begin experimenting with Earl Gray and Black Current, because those look stunning for a bold eye.

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

Mattes (R to L):
Almond truffle // Pecan praline // Bordeaux // Mocha // Cashew Chew // Malted // Divinity

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

Shimmers (R to L):
Sprinkles // Satin Sheets // Cafe au lait // Molasses chip // Dark truffle // Earl gray // Black current // Cotton candy // Totally fetch

Would you buy this?
What's your favorite eyeshadow palette?

4 comments

  1. The shades look amazing! I have to ask you this, I see that you own the Lorac pro palette, which I own too. Which is your favorite eye shadow palettes out of the ones you own? I've been wanting to buy a new palette since I love the Lorac one but need something new!

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for something neutral, I'm a huge fan of the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette. It has a great range of light, dark, matte, and shimmery shades. The original Urban Decay Naked Palette is also fantastic (if you don't have it yet!). As for something with a little more range, I would highly recommend this Too Faced one, or any of the Marc Jacobs Palettes. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. The Too Faced packaging is really what sells me on these palettes. I haven't stopped by your blog in awhile, so HI!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this palette! They've done such a great job with the shade range and I LOVE that it smells like chocolate! It's so yummy!
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne