Birthday Makeup

April 24, 2016


Yesterday was my 19th birthday, and I was pretty fond of the makeup look that I pulled together. It involves some of my usual favorites, but also incorporates a new love, the Tarte In Bloom Palette. This palette has gorgeous neutral shades, some with a slight pink/mauve tone, which is perfect for spring.

To begin I used the Clinique Superprimer Universal, and then a combo of the Bobbi Brown Corrector under my eyes and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer everywhere else, in addition to a little bit of the Revlon Colorstay Concealer under my eyes. I applied this in an inverted triangle to highlight, and used a mix of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light and the Nyx HD Powder in Banana to set everything.

The eyes are the main focus of this, so to ensure that everything stayed around for a while, the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige was perfect. It evens out the tone of your lids while also acting as a primer for the eyeshadow. Speaking of the shadow, I began by opening the Tarte palette and dusting 'flower child' all over my lids, and then added some 'smarty pants' into the crease as a transition shade. I blended this upwards, bringing it close to my brow bone, but not quite as high. Following that I darkened the crease by using 'rebel', keeping it a little lower than the previous shade. I then took 'leader' and added it on top of the combo, keeping this concentrated in the crease and bringing it down slightly into the outer corner. Finally I took 'activist' and placed it in the outer corner. I then decided I wanted a bit of sparkle, and added 'rocker' to the inner half of the lid. To finish it off I applied the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, which ran out on me halfway through and I had to finish with the L'oreal Voluminous Superstar Liner, and then Maybelline The Falsies for my lashes.

The final touches were to bronze with Nars Laguna and contour slightly with Nars Paloma. I brought in some color to my cheeks with Nars Deep Throat. The Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop (full review here) added some lovely golden shimmer to the tops of my cheekbones, and the Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb (full review here) was the perfect nude pairing for this eye look. I also rolled on a bit of the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume and painted my nails with Essie Naughty Nautical . The final step was to set everything with the Urban Decay De-slick Setting Spray

What makeup do you like wearing for your birthday?
Have you tried this Tarte palette?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne