Winter Skincare Routine

February 21, 2016

Winter skincare: clinique dramatically different gel moisturizer, first aid beauty ultra repair cream, simple micellar cleansing water, fresh sugar face lip polish, origins charcoal mask, tea tree cool and creamy wash, first aid beauty face cleanser

I've been pretty happy with my skincare regime as of late, and this is the first time that's ever happened. I don't use a ton of products, mainly because I've found that simpler usually equals better. For many years I struggled with my oily/combo skin, and all of these products work well with that type, but also help to hydrate dry winter skin. Just know, if you're in a rough patch with your skin, it will get better! All you need to do is find the proper products that suit your type.

Cleansers:

I used to use cleansers that were marketed towards oily skin, but tended to strip it of any natural moisture or oils. Now, I enjoy using gentle cleansers that don't make my skin feel bone dry. The First Aid Beauty Cleanser is perfect for that. It's a foaming cleanser that removes dirt and oils, but somehow hydrates my skin at the same time. Because I have blemish prone skin, I like to alternate that one with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cool & Creamy Face Wash. This one is amazing for preventing and stopping pimples, as well as fading dark spots and overall evening skin tone. After using this for about a year, I can honestly say my skin looks so much better. In addition to those, I use the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water every night. When used with a round cotton pad, it removes all of my makeup and helps to exfoliate, which also improves skin tone and helps stop spots. If I could only use one skincare product, this would be it.

Moisturizers:

Every morning I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It has a very light texture, which is perfect for using under makeup. I also love how it doesn't make my skin extra oily, but it adds a good amount of hydration and makes me feel and look more awake. At night, since it is winter, I need something with a bit more moisture. I just finished my tub of the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, which is amazing for any dry areas, like elbows and heels. My favorite thing to do is slather a thin layer of this on my face before going to bed, and my face feels hydrated, but not oily, when I wake up.

Eye Creams:

I'm actually not currently using either of these, since they're rather expensive, but I absolutely love both the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado and the Origins GinZing Eye Cream. The Kiehl's one is my holy grail, but the Origins one is still pretty great. Both of these really help to wake up tired, puffy eyes, and make concealer apply like a dream. A must for those with super dark circles.

Face Masks:

I typically use the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask every few weeks to clear out my pores, but I recently tried a travel size of the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask, which isn't quite as good, but still does the job. It's a little more fun because after it dries you can peel it off, but I'd still list the Origins one above it. For when I'm feeling a little spotty, I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask, which helps to calm down breakouts.

Extras:

As you can tell, I really love tea tree oil. It's the best thing I've ever used for my acne, because it helps both to stop pimples and lighten the dark spot. So instead of a spot treatment I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. I take a little bit and dab it on the spot at night, and usually, the spot is visibly smaller in the morning. Occasionally I like to use a manual scrub to really get off the dead skin, so I'll go for the Fresh Sugar Face Polish. After scrubbing gently I leave it on my skin for a few minutes before washing it off, and I really feel like it brightens my face. When my skin feels incredibly dry, I add a tiny bit of the Josie Maran Argan Oil right before I go to bed. It's a bit scary to use an oil, but it definitely takes away any dry patches. Lastly, when I want to treat myself or my lips are especially dry, I use the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish. This is a bit of a posh product, because it's fairly expensive for something you can technically make yourself, but I just love using it. It makes my lips so smooth and soft, I can't resist.

What winter skincare are you loving right now?

3 comments

  1. Great skincare products! Love Josie and Boscia, however, Fresh doesn't work well with my skin! I do love their lip products though.

    http://covetedbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always used Nivea for my skincare routine, it's the only brand my face seems to get on with.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Beauty Blender Dupe//Avon Precision Make-Up Sponge
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the tea tree line by the Bodyshop since I've heard so much great things about it! Love love you skincare routine!

    Maireem | My Fair Autumn | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat: myfairautumn

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne