Versatile Products: Eyeshadow as Highlighter

February 14, 2016

Using eyeshadow as highlighter: Urban decay naked, lorac pro palette, mac eyeshadow

I've been very into highlighter lately, but I also don't have enough money to buy tons of different shades. I decided to rifle through my eyeshadows and see if I could use some of them as a cheek highlight, and I found some great shades. This is a perfect way to experiment with new trends without breaking the bank.

Using eyeshadow as highlighter: Urban decay naked, lorac pro palette, mac eyeshadow

From the Naked 3 Palette'Strange' (most left in picture) and 'Dust' are two great shades. If you want a highlight that has more of a pink tone to it, this palette is perfect because all of the shades are rosy. The latter has very chunky glitter in it, which might be better for a night out, but 'Strange' is a great every day shade.

Looking at the Naked 2 Palette, 'Bootycall' is an awesome neutral shade with minimal shimmer, so it's again great for every day. It's a little bit of a cooler shade, so it would probably work best with cool skin tones.

I love using 'Snow' from the Lorac Pro 2 Palette as a highlight for the inner corners of my eyes, so I think this would be great for the tops of the cheekbones as well. It's very icy and cool toned, and it definitely packs a punch. 'Rose' is another gorgeous shade, which sides more with the pink toned shades, like those of the Naked 3 palette.

For a drugstore version, the L'oreal La Palette Nude 2 has a few winners. The two lighter golden shades in this are beautiful for a more subtle glow. They've got a tiny bit of shimmer, but just the right amount to make your cheekbones pop.

The Mac Eyeshadow in All That Glitters is one of my all time favorite shadows, and it creates just as great of a highlight on the cheeks. It's a mix of gold and pink, so it works with pretty much every skin tone, and I just love it so much.

I got this particular pan of Stila Kitten during a holiday special, but the shade is still found in Stila's collection as a highlighter or an eyeshadow. It's more frosted, but the champagne shade looks stunning on the cheekbones.

I have particular trouble wearing the Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow in Champagne Quartz on my eyelids, so I'm really happy that I figured out I can use it as a highlighter. It's very similar to 'Kitten', as it's a champagne shade with noticeable shimmer.

Lastly, in the Naked 1 Palette'Virgin' is a beautiful light shade that gives off more of a natural glow because it doesn't have a lot of shimmer. 'Sin' (most right in the picture) also works great because it's a light pink shade with a tiny bit of shimmer.

Have you ever tried eyeshadow as highlighter?

4 comments

  1. Love this post! I never thought of using some of these shadows as a highlighter, now I have to try them! Thanks for the post!

    fleurviola.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All That Glitters such a beautiful & versatile color. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those eye shadow palettes look so gorgeous.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne