Valentine's Day Makeup

February 7, 2016

Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup

So, we all know that Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Usually I'm not into that romantic and cheesy stuff, but this year I decided to create a makeup look that I think would be suitable for a date (or if you just want to look nice for yourself, because that's all that really matters). Nevertheless, whatever you're doing, whether it's going on a nice date with your significant other, hanging out with your friends, or staying home in pjs and eating pizza, I hope you have a fantastic time. 

Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup

Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup

I began my makeup with the Clinique Superprimer Universal, which I find works well to smooth imperfections and make my concealer of choice, the Bobbi Brown Corrector, last longer. This really cancels out my dark circles, but to give a little extra coverage I add some of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I've been loving the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, so I just had to add some of that to give myself a nice, glowy complexion.

Onto the eyes, I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige as a primer, which makes even the crappiest eyeshadow stick around for a while. I then used 'nectar' from the Lorac Pro 2 Palette all over my lid for a base color, and then used the bright pink shade from the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Floral Value on top of that. It's a very sheer shade, so it created a light pink that actually didn't look too bad. To add some definition I mixed 'light brown' and 'cool gray' from the Lorac Palette and blended them through the crease. I then took 'plum' and added it to the outer corners of my lids and blended that with the lighter lid shade and through the crease. For a special touch I grabbed some of 'rose' on my ring finger and tapped it in the middle of my lid for a highlighting effect, and in the tear ducts I added 'snow'. To finish it off I used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper on my upper lash line and lots of the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

I wanted some extra sculpted cheekbones, so I used the Nars Paloma Contour Powder in the hollows of my cheeks. For a nice pink glow I mixed the two lighter blush shades in the Nars One Shocking Moment Palette, but any bright pink blush looks gorgeous. To add even more glow I used my beloved Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop on the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and cupid's bow. And to tie everything together I coated my lips in the Maybelline Color Elixir in Captivating Carnation, which is a darker and muted pink that hydrates, but is still incredibly glossy.

What are your Valentine's Day plans?

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy :) I hope you have a lovely valentines day whatever you end up doing!

    Meme x

    http://www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eyemakeup, super cute :) And I hope you have a good time too! x

    - LS
    http://www.sephira.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makeup look.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne