February Favorites

February 28, 2016

February Favorites: maybelline the falsies mascara, clinique superprimer universal, maybelline concealer

So 2016 is already flying by, and it's pretty terrifying. I don't think I've had one chance to catch my breath! I've been pretty slow moving on new makeup trends, but hopefully once spring rolls around I'll get out of that winter slump and start trying new things again. As for February, I've got a couple of favorites that have been in rotation, but for the most part there hasn't been anything too exciting. One thing I have been very into is skincare, and I just talked about my routine so go give that a read if you're interested.

The rediscovery...Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
After running out of my beloved Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer, I wanted to try something cheap so I wasn't always dishing out $30 on a concealer I use quickly. While perusing the aisles of Walgreens I stumbled upon the Maybelline concealer, which I remembered using and enjoying a few years back. It's not quite as good as the Nars option, but for a cheap one, it offers pretty good coverage and works to cover multiple concerns, like dark circles and acne marks. It's also very creamy and hydrating, which is nice for the winter because it doesn't emphasize dry patches.

The unexpected one...Clinique Superprimer Universal
I tried out a mini size of this primer, and I didn't expect myself to like it because I had never heard that many great things, but I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't do a whole lot, but it smooths over everything to make your skin look a little more even. It also helps makeup to last a bit longer. I'd say this would work best for months other than winter, because it's not as hydrating as I'd want for my current dry skin, but it still works.

The oldie but goodie...Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
This is such a great, classic mascara. I'm pretty sure everyone has used it and raved about it at some point in their lives. It has this amazing combination of volumizing, lengthening, and separating/defining, which is basically the holy trinity of mascara. It also holds up all day without flaking or doing anything weird, and it's super cheap. Sounds like a win to me.

The new find...Essie Fishnet Stockings
My wonderful mother sent me this nail polish for Valentine's Day. It's is a deep red, which is a shade that's right up my alley. Even in the summer, I'm all about dark blues, deep purples, and near-black shades. This one does not disappoint, and I'll be sure to wear it all year round.

What did you love in February?

2 comments

  1. Fishnet Stockings does look like the perfect color to rock all year round. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Essie polish is lovely :)

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    What's On Your Nightstand?
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne