January Favorites

January 31, 2016

January favorites: hourglass ambient lighting power, bobbi brown corrector

It's hard to believe the first month of 2016 is already gone. It was an amazing month, and I can't wait to see what else this year has in store. I picked up a few new products to kick off the year, and I'm so excited to share how much I'm in love with them.

I've pretty much been dying to try the Bobbi Brown Corrector since I first started getting into makeup. I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally grabbed the shade Light Bisque, and I've been very happy with the results. The peachy shade helps to cancel out the blue and purple tones under my eyes, while the medium-to-thick, yet creamy texture provides coverage and is still somewhat hydrating.

Another thing I've wanted to try for a long, long time is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I had so much trouble deciding between Diffused Light and Dim Light, but ultimately went for the latter. It's a luminous peachy shade, and it's so beautiful that I cannot stop using it. After applying my concealer, I'll take a big fluffy powder brush (refer to my last post to see my favorite) and dust it on my forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. Sometimes I'll also grab some on a setting brush and use it to set my under eye concealer. After applying this my face is glowy, but not shiny. Absolutely perfect.

As a freebie for spending way too much money at Sephora I got the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Rollerball, which I've heard so many amazing things about. It has notes of vanilla, violet, and sandalwood, which mix together to create a gorgeous, sexy scent. It's very mysterious and perfect for a date.

Lastly I picked up an old favorite, The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter. I talked about this in a post all about my favorite coconut-scented products, which you can check out here. Aside from how fantastic it smells, this really hydrates your skin and leaves it super smooth and soft. I especially love it for the cold winter months.

What are your favorites from January?

4 comments

  1. Omg I think I'm gonna give in and try out the Bobby Brown Corrector. Defs need it for my under eyes. haha.

    Anna Czarina Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max Factor Lasting finish my fav.

    Meme x

    http://www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the mini Dim Light, I feel like it's darker than yours. I use it to set my under eye concealer!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try the Ambient Lighting powder as well!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne