Experimenting with Smoky Eyes and Bold Lips

January 10, 2016

Vamp Makeup: smoky eyes and bold lips

A few months ago I watched the AMA's, and I couldn't help but be mesmerized by Demi Lovato's makeup both on the red carpet and during her performance. I thought this would be a perfect look to draw inspiration from for a night out. It's got emphasis on the eyes and lips, so it's definitely one to use when you're feeling adventurous. I tweaked Demi's look here and there to suit my face better, which is always something to keep in mind when copying any tutorial or celebrity's look.

vamp makeup: smoky eyes and bold lips tutorial

I began with a clean face and applied the Clinique Superprimer Universal all over, focusing mostly on my nose, chin, and cheeks. This helps the makeup to last all night and blurs imperfections. Using the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, I covered up my dark circles, the redness around my nose, and the spots on my chin. I find this concealer so good that I don't need to use foundation, and I've been enjoying that natural look. To add a bit more coverage to my under eyes I tapped on a smidgen of the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. To set everything I used the NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. I like how Demi's skin wasn't too matte, so I only powdered my nose, forehead, chin, and under eyes, leaving my cheeks to be naturally glowy.

For the rest of my face, I followed Demi's simple contour and natural flush. Using the Nars Contour Powder in Paloma, I applied the shade to the hollows of my cheeks and blended out to avoid harsh lines. To keep everything looking sunny and natural, I added some of the Nars Laguna Bronzer to my forehead, temples, and lightly over my cheeks and the contoured area. I wanted a tiny bit of color on my cheeks, so I tapped on some of the Nars Blush in Robotic from the One Shocking Moment Palette. To finish off the cheeks I used Benefit High Beam on the top of my cheekbones for extra glow.

For the main attraction, Demi's smokey eyes, I primed my eyelids with the Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige. This stays on forever and is perfect for this look. Using my Lorac Pro 2 Palette, I took the shade 'lt. brown' and applied it in the crease as a transition shade. Next I patted 'black' all over my lid, making sure to have even distribution of the color. I then used a fluffy brush to blend together 'black' and 'lt. brown' in the crease, smoking everything out. If things get a little messy, it's helpful to use a q-tip to clean up the edges of the shadow. Using 'black' with a tiny bit of 'charcoal' mixed in, I shaded this on my lower lash line. To finish up the eyeshadow I added some of 'snow' to my brow bone and inner corners.

Using the L'oreal Voluminous Superstar Liquid Liner I drew a thick line on my upper lash line. To intensify everything I added some of the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Matte Black to my upper and lower waterline. After curling my lashes I added tons of the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. This look would be much better with some false lashes, but I'm kind of terrified of them, so I just stuck with the mascara. Finally, I created my own version of Demi's vampy lip by adding the Covergirl Star Wars Lipstick in 50 around the edges of my lips and blending it with the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107.

Would you wear this bold, vampy look?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne