Top 10 of 2015

December 29, 2015

Top 10 of 2015

Whew, 2015 has flown by. Every year seems to pass quicker than the last, and sometimes I feel like I'm moving too slow for it. But alas, 2016 approaches and there is nothing we can do but to make it even better than these last 12 months. This was a year that I definitely began to switch up my makeup stash. I stopped focusing on covering up my skin with heavy foundation and powder, and started using skincare that would help me to look and feel my best without covering everything up. I'm so happy with the effect, and I can't wait to share these 10 amazing products.

1. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water
After I reviewed it in March, this stuck around in my skincare routine. I use it every night with a round cotton pad to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. It does an excellent job of exfoliating, and I find that my skin is smooth and soft each time I use it. The only thing it has trouble removing is waterproof mascara, but everything else is a breeze. I really love how it cleans my skin, but doesn't dry it out like a regular cleanser would.

2. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Cool & Creamy Face Wash
This is something I've loved since the summer (reviewed it in July). It has tea tree oil in it, which means it helps even out skin tone and lighten dark spots, as well as battles acne that's already formed or about to. Since using it, my skin has definitely evened out, and I've seen a decrease in the amount of pimples I get (except at that time of the month). This also doesn't make my skin feel too dry, but it reduces the amount of oil on my very oily skin.

3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
Pretty much everyone who's tried this has raved about it, but I didn't give it a go until the summer. But it is, as everyone agrees, incredible. While the steep price tag ($29!) is off-putting, this concealer provides excellent coverage, especially for my dark circles, and is long lasting. It's even pretty moisturizing, so it doesn't emphasize the fact that I've been neglecting eye cream and have very dry under eyes.

4. Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige
I've stopped using eye primer all together because this cream shadow works just as well, possibly even better. It's super cheap, and one coat makes even my most intense eye shadow creations stay as long as I want them to. The color is a great neutral shade that works well under anything, and can even be worn on its own for a simple, polished effect.

5. Lorac Pro 2 Palette
This palette has been in my life for a little over a year now, but it was definitely the shadow that I used the most in 2015. I love how there are eight mattes and eight shimmers, each with incredible pigmentation and lasting power. Its got a highlight shade, tons of base colors, a medium crease shade, black, purple, blue, green, gray - the works. And, the packaging is super travel friendly and easy to store.

6. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
While I only tried a mini size of this, it rocked my world for those few months that I used it. There was just something about it that was pretty unlike any other mascara I've tried. It was volumizing, lengthening, and separating, all while lasting all day but still being easy to remove. Magical.

7. Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette
I debated including this because it is no longer available, but I realized that I love it so much for the formula, and two of the shades are available in the permanent collection, Luminous Flush and Mood Exposure. The blushes are so soft and finely milled, and they show up beautifully on the cheeks, especially because each is swirled with Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powders. This creates a glowing and luminous effect that is unlike any other blush I've tried.

8. Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop
This is a more recent purchase, but I've used it pretty much every day since buying it. I reviewed it back in September, and all my opinions still hold true. This creates a stunning champagne/golden highlight that can be worn subtly or more heavily. It's a very soft powder, but lasts all day and basically makes you look healthy and glowing.

9. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 08
I was unsure about this when I first started using it, especially because I bought it in the "Kylie Jenner lip craze". However, I find myself reaching for it all the time when wearing a bold eye. The shade is such a beautiful dark nude with just the right amount of pink and brown, but by no means takes away from the rest of the face. It's not quite matte, but has a tiny bit of gloss to it, but still sticks around for a good few hours without fading weirdly. I also love how it's moisturizing, because super dry matte lipsticks are basically the bane of my existence.

10. Mac Lipstick in Heroine
Lastly is a lipstick that's the complete opposite of the other, but still deserves just as much love. It's a bright purple shade that's tons of fun to wear in the spring and summer, or whenever you feel like being bold and outgoing. It's definitely one that needs a bit more confidence to rock, but once it's on, it won't move around and won't dry out your lips.

I'd like to say a sappy thanks to anyone who read my ramblings throughout this year, and I can't wait to create better content in the future.

Follow

What's your top favorite from 2015?

2 comments

  1. Nice list!! I just got my first Becca highlighter AND I just started trying out the Nars concealer. I'm late to the party, but excited!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nars concealer was one of my top 5 beauty favs of 2015- I'm hearing so much about Champagne pop- I really need it!

    Following you on Bloglovin' xx

    Rhenicia | Beauty By Rhenicia | GRWM: Chrisspy Inspired Look

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne