October Favorites

November 3, 2015

October Favorites | Blush and Fairy Dust

But like, are there really only two months left of 2015? October (just like every other month) went by unbelievably fast. I can't say I fell in love with too many things, so everything I've been talking about for the past few months are probably still in my list of favorites. As always, however, there are at least a few things that I can discuss.

The oldie but goodie...It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer
I used to use this religiously, but converted when I discovered the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. But recently, with my lack of sleep due to college, I've needed extra coverage. I really love how creamy and high coverage this is, and I love that it actually makes me look awake. My one issue with this is that it can get a little bunchy/emphasize lines and dryness, so make sure you've used a really hydrating eye cream underneath (my favorite is this one from Kiehl's).

The new find...Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Lotion
I recently discovered this stuff and completely fell in love with the scent. I even did a full review of it, and I never expected myself to love a lotion so much that I could actually write a whole post on it (you can read that here). But alas, this is a fantastic, non-sticky lotion that smells like a fresh coconut, and the scent lingers for a good few hours.

The blogger-inspired buy...Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
I showcased this in my Fall Beauty Bucketlist, and I've just been loving the shade. It's not as dark as I usually go for fall, but I think it suits me really well. The finish is very matte, so it sticks around all day, but still doesn't emphasize lines or dryness. I love how tiny it is because I can throw it in my purse and it hardly takes up any space.

The random one...Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I got this book a couple weeks ago and ended up reading it in about a day and a half. Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorite authors because she really understands the teenage/young adult voice without sounding cheesy. The story follows a girl in her freshman year of college, so that resonated with me, and it goes through her ups and downs with family, friends, and love. If you like anything along the lines of John Green, you have to read this.

Follow

What did you love in October?

4 comments

  1. Cruella is just so pretty! Love this shade (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and loved it - I'll have to give Fangirl a read!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that one and love it too! Fangirl's been on my to-read list for so long.

      Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I love that Nars lip pencil. Looks so pretty x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne