September Favorites

October 4, 2015

September Favorites | Blush and Fairy Dust

I, like everyone else in the world, cannot believe it's already October. 2015 is going by at an incredible speed. It's been a great year so far, and September was no exception. I haven't found a whole lot, but the things I have found I've been using every day.

The obvious one...Becca x Jaclyn Hill Highlighter in Champagne Pop.
Everyone and their mother have been going on about this product (including me, read my full review here). It undoubtedly deserves the praise it has been given, because it is drop dead gorgeous. I've been wearing it every day without fail because the golden-peach shade looks stunning with everything. Even on low-key, minimal makeup days I find myself reaching for this, because applied lightly it creates the perfect natural glow.  Use a heavier hand and you've got yourself the perfect highlight for a special occasion or a night out.

The unexpected one...Clinique High Impact Mascara.
I'm a pretty big fan of bold mascaras, so when I first started using this I thought I didn't like it. While it separates fantastically and stays on all day, it doesn't give as much volume and length as I'm used to. But after a few months I've been reaching for it steadily, so I think that means I like how it looks.

The new find...Bite Matte Lip Crayon in Brandy.
This was an end of summer treat to myself. I included it in my Fall Beauty Bucketlist, and I can't wait to wear it obsessively these next few months. It checks off all the proper categories for a dark lipstick -- long lasting, highly pigmented, doesn't settle into lines, flattering shade, etc. The last cool thing about this is that all of Bite's products are made with natural and organic ingredients, so they're technically safe for you to consume, considering half of our lipstick ends up being eaten. Cool, right?

The oldie but goodie...Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
Man, I have not used this in years. I put it away in favor of applying foundation with my fingers, or just not wearing it in general. Recently, however, I tried using it to contour my cheeks and actually loved it. The shape fit really well on my face and helped create the perfect balance between applying color but not making it look like a stripe on my cheek. Kind of random, but I like it.

Follow

What was your favorite thing this September?

10 comments

  1. cool
    Learn how to take better photos with your phone
    new post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/10/external-universal-lens-for-phone-take.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Becca Jaclyn Hill highlighter looks amazing - really want to try it out!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the highlighter is stunning, I need!! And I loveeeee the expert face brush too, I prefer it over the foundation brush for applying foundation! X
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is talking about this highlighter, I really really need to get my hands on it! I would love to try something from Bite as well :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree with your review on the Real Techniques Expert Face brush, I love it for cream products especially. I can't believe I didn't get the Becca x Jaclyn Hill highlighter too, I really want to try it now!

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post! Your blog is amazing:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I feel like I'm really missing out on something by having not tried Champagne pop yet! I'm also newly subscribed to Jaclyn Hill though so hopefully if Champagne Pop comes to Australian shores I can try it out then.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean... how could Champagne Pop be here? hahahah I would love to get it, but it's impossible to buy it in Spain!
    Nice picks! Enjoy your week! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lip crayon's shade! Definitely fall-y. I'd love to try Champagne Pop but I can't find it anywhere sadly :( x

    sisterblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne