Five Ways To Survive The Week

October 21, 2015


Everyone has weeks that just drag on and on and never seem to end. Believe me, I've been there. And I'm there now. It's a horrible feeling when things get progressively worse and worse, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And there are some practical things you can do to make each day just a tiny bit better, and maybe make the week go by faster.
  1. Break a sweat. I know it may seem like you don't have enough time, but squeezing in a short workout can do wonders. It doesn't have to be a lot. A mile run, a 10 minute yoga sequence, or a quick bike ride is enough to get your endorphins flowing and put a smile on your face. This will also help maintain your focus, so it'll be easier to concentrate on work. 
  2. Indulge in some comfort food. Sometimes all you need is a piece of chocolate, a bowl of mac & cheese, or some ice cream (pictured: Chocolate Shoppe) to help yourself cope. Don't feel bad. It's important to give in to cravings once in a while, and if it's something that can make you feel better, go for it. Just don't catch yourself sitting on the couch surrounded by empty bags of chips and covered in Doritos dust.
  3. Make a list every morning. Simply writing down the tasks you need to complete that day can make everything seem less daunting. I've been doing this recently and I've found that it really helps me organize my life. It's also incredibly satisfying to cross things off, because it really makes you feel like you've accomplished something.
  4. Get enough sleep. When you've got a ton of work to do this may seem difficult, but it's crucial. Without an adequate amount of sleep, the quality of your work will decrease. Plus, you'll be less irritable if you've had enough shuteye, and therefore you'll be able to look at your day more optimistically. As I sit and write this at 1 in the morning, I realize I need to take my own advice. 
  5. Give yourself breaks. No one can work for hours and hours on end without letting themselves have occasional time off. It's actually healthy to give yourself a few minutes of a break every 45 minutes to an hour. This will give your brain a chance to recalibrate, and your work will go by faster. 
Follow

What do you do to get through a tough week?

4 comments

  1. Comfort food is everything - I definitely need to get more sleep however! Lovely post.

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great advice! Love the idea of writing a list out each morning. I'm a visual person and that would definitely help to put everything down on paper so it's not all jumbled up in my head:)
    -Krissy
    www.allthedetailsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ways to survive the week hun! I definitely think that indulging in some comfort food is the thing to do, during this time of year lol.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne