Fall Beauty Bucketlist

September 29, 2015


Fall is here! It's finally cold enough to wear jeans and flannels! Can you tell I'm excited!? (P.S. Check out my activities bucketlist for more excitement).





Now we all know that I recently left for college, but that doesn't mean I have to stop loving makeup and all things beauty. My collection has diminished, but I think I have enough with me to create a kickin' fall menu. As always I'm taking a bit of the recent trends and mixing them with my own ideas, because lets be real here, seasonal trends never really change. Plus, putting your own personal spin on things always wins.

For my base, the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation is everything. Over the summer I had a bit more confidence to just pop on some concealer and that was that, but now I'm not feeling so hot. This foundation gives the perfect coverage that's not overly heavy and crazy matte, yet hides everything that's making you feel like putting a bag over your head. It also lasts well throughout the day and doesn't have an enormous price tag.

Surprise, surprise, berry lips were spotted in the Fall fashion shows! Can you believe it? I'm still using most of the same shades as last year, like Revlon's Lip Butter in Red Velvet (perfect if you want a dark lip, but are afraid to go all out), Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey, Maybelline's Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet, and Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 (best budget option!), but the newbies are the Bite Matte Cream Lip Crayon in Brandy (pictured above) and the Nars Velvet Matte Pencil in Cruella. These are both very matte and long lasting, albeit slightly drying. And if you're worried that you can't rock a bold lip - who cares? You can do whatever you want.

The lips are obviously the star of the show for me, but I need something on my eyes. The fall runways showcased a ton of graphic liner, which is a great compliment to a bold lip because it doesn't compete for attention, but still defines your eyes. My love affair with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner is alive and well, so I will definitely be using it to experiment with some wings. I'm kind of a spazz, so we'll see how that works out.

To tie this look together I like using a neutral blush, like the Hourglass Blush in Mood Exposure or the Milani Blush in Romantic Rose. Using this type of plummy/beige shade adds a subtle definition to your cheeks, but doesn't take away from the lips or the eyes. I also like to take a tiny bit of the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Highlighter (read my review here) to the tops of my cheekbones. The glow it gives is incredible.

Thanks to my girl Morgan for taking these gorgeous pictures. Find her on Instagram @morgan.winston !
What's your go-to fall makeup?

2 comments

  1. You're so pretty - what a gorgeous makeup look!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I really can't get into the swing of Autumn. I'm still wanting to wear lots of highlighter and peachy/bronzy tones. But your make-up is great though, so it's definitely inspired me a little more.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne