August Favorites

August 28, 2015

L'oreal Infallible Tarte Blush Kat Von D Liner NYX Powder

My life is a mess! I'm leaving for college in 3 days. It's difficult to explain just how I'm feeling, but I won't babble for too long -- I'll save that for a long, rambly post after I actually move in. As for the month of August, the main event besides doing daily runs to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Target was my vacation to Montreal and Lake Placid. You can check out pictures here.

On the beauty side of things, I've perfected my base by using the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. It is, as the name suggests, incredibly matte. But it doesn't just start out that way, it stays matte the entire day. Somehow, L'oreal has mastered the art of making a matte foundation, but not a "mask foundation". I'm referring to the phenomena of foundations that, when applied, look as though you're wearing a mask. Skin should look like skin! I like how this looks realistic, but provides coverage.

To complete my base I've been topping the foundation with the NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. I was wishy-washy with this product for a while, but I've decided it's a good one. Using the Real Techniques Setting Brush, I tap some of this under my eyes, on the apples of my cheeks and the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and on the center of my chin and forehead. It's not super pigmented, so it does a subtle version of the yellow-toned-setting-powder-highlighty-thing. Yes, that's a technical term. This minimizes shine AND doesn't make you look one dimensional. I'd say that's a win-win combination.

Another new purchase that has been on my mind for a while is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. I used to be a big believer in liquid eyeliner on my upper lash line everyday. After I ran out of my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner, I kinda got lazy with that routine. But now, I'm back. The Kat Von D liner goes on like a dream. It's smooth and thin, and doesn't do the thing where it dries out by the time you get to the end of your line. Ya know? The color is dark and dries matte, and it doesn't flake or mysteriously disappear by the end of the day. Finally, I was able to do winged liner! Proudest moment of my life.

The Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful is an oldie but a goodie. My compact is broken, as you can see, but I still make it work. This shade is a muted peach with coral-y undertones. I love it for spring and summer, but really, it can look bomb whenever you want. Even better, it's not too pigmented, so you can never really apply too much. Top it with a golden highlighter (may I suggest the Becca x Jaclyn Hill highlighter?) and you're set.

I started wearing nail polish again, after a few month long "I'm too lazy to paint my nails" hiatus. The polish that got me out of my slump? OPI Got the Blues for Red. I do love my deep, dark nail shades, and this is no exception. It's a deep red with blue undertones that I can't wait to wear more in the fall, when people can't judge me for wearing dark nails. Check out the shade in my Montreal post.

Two of my fashion faves this month have been this denim jacket from Target and these adorable Steve Madden booties. You can see them both in action throughout my Montreal post, but here is my favorite outfit including both of them. No, the boots are not comfortable.


Follow 

What did you love in August?

4 comments

  1. These all sound like wonderful products! I've been dying to try the Tarte blushes for ages, must get my hands on some!

    Thanks for sharing Cassie :)
    xx Krista
    www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love OPI nail polish but I've never tried that color - I'm gonna have to give it a try! x
    http://thepalepalette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Tarte blush looks amazing! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne