The Perfect Cooling Summer Face Wash

July 7, 2015


I don't talk about skincare all that often, but when I love a product, I love a product. That's how I feel about The Body Shop Cool and Creamy Face Wash. Before finding this I was using some products that didn't agree with me and suffered a switch from combo to oily skin. After enduring too many large spots, I decided enough was enough. The Body Shop products are always great, so after some research I gave this one a go.



Firstly, this is cheap. And I'm broke. As always. In the past my skin has loved the First Aid Beauty Cleanser, and even though it's only a bit more expensive, I felt guilty buying it so often. This new option is a great alternative for me, especially considering I found it on sale, plus it has more benefits than the pricier option.

While this is probably great all year round, I'm in love with it for summer. It actually is both cool and creamy, so it's incredibly refreshing and wakes me up in the morning. That's also thanks to the tea tree oil, which gives it a minty scent and is an amazing combat to acne. This cleanser reduces the oil on my face, yet still leaves my skin feeling hydrated. A lot of products designed for oily skin leave it feeling tight and dry, but not this guy.

Another plus to the tea tree oil is that it greatly reduces hyper-pigmentation and all those scars leftover from acne. I had a handful of those after my battle with some large cheek spots, but thanks to just a few weeks of using this, those areas look so much better and I'm actually enjoying my natural skin. I feel more confident going out with little to no concealer, something I wouldn't have done a few months ago.

So, if you're suffering from acne, oily skin, or scarring, I cannot recommend this enough. I'm interested to see how the rest of this Body Shop line is, so let me know if you've tried any of it!

What's your favorite face wash?

8 comments

  1. Before I went on Accutane, I used this range exclusively. It is sooooooo good!!

    Kat ♥ www.pastelwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I went on Accutane, I used this range exclusively. It is sooooooo good!!

    Kat ♥ www.pastelwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I don't know why more people don't read your blog :)makeupbyhollymei.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to have to give this product a try!

    http://abbiejade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely review and blog!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My current face wash is the angels on bareskin for lush, and I'm really liking it so far its been two weeks now. But this one looks great, I'm definitely interested in trying it out. thanks for the review!
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you like this face wash you must try the moisturizer that comes with. It is absolutely BRILLIANT! The cooling effect makes a huge difference on how I feel my makeup sets on my face during the hot summer days.
    xo
    Maria // Fox and Arrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been following our blog for a while now and I love it!!!! Love your design to its GAWJUS!!
    keep up the fantastic work

    come say hi some time


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    NewVideo

    Jade

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne