Summer Beauty Bucketlist

July 14, 2015


If you didn't know, summer is just about my favorite time of the year. There are so many reasons why I love it, many having to do with great memories of my childhood and the feeling of freedom. And of course, the weather doesn't hurt. Back on the makeup side of things, I usually don't go as heavy on the eyes, but I have to say that after buying the L'oreal La Palette Nudes, I've been enjoying eye shadow a little more. (look out for a review of those coming soon!) But, this isn't about that, because the majority of the time I've still been going for a bold lip with radiant skin and minimal eyes.



I like to start off with the NYX Pore Filler, which does a great job at mattifying my skin, although it doesn't do much to reduce pore size. On top of that I add a layer or two of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. This is the perfect summer base because it's doesn't feel heavy, and it provides enough coverage without looking like a mask. I love that for summer because it's nice to let freckles show through. I top off my dark circles with a tiny bit of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, but the real star of the show is the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy concealer/highlighter. I like to put this over the Nars concealer because it adds extra coverage but also brightens the area. Recently I've been using the NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana as a setting powder, and I still haven't quite decided if I like it or not. It does a fair job of mattifying and keeping everything in place, but the yellow tone of the powder doesn't really do anything in the brightening department.

Following this I grab my eyelash curlers, give 'em a good squeeze, and apply the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I'm just a bit heartbroken that my sample size is almost out, and will have to find a drugstore alternative that gives just as much length and volume as this one. Like I said, I've been loving a minimal eye, so that's pretty much all I do. If I think my eyes look bald, I'll add a thin line of the NYX Curve Liner to my upper lashline. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll skip the liquid liner and just add some black pencil liner to the upper waterline of my eyes. The Stila Smudge Stick Liner in Stingray or the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in Black are two great options.

To add some warmth to my cheeks I dab on the Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in Amp'd Up Apple. This is the perfect "no-blush-blush" shade because it's neutral and doesn't distract from the lip color, but it still adds a little something. If my skin feels dull, I'll throw on a little highlighter. Something like the Benefit That Gal Primer is always a thumbs up in my book. Now, the best part. Mac Heroine Lipstick. It's the most bold color I've ever worn on my lips, and I can't get enough of it. Other than the fact that it's a bright, beautiful purple, it's amazing because it literally lasts all day. Through eating, drinking, talking, crying, this lipstick is there. And it doesn't make my lips feel like cardboard or sandpaper or anything lacking moisture. Nice work Mac.

I top it off with a spritz of the Urban Decay Setting Spray, and I'm ready for a summer day.
What makeup do you wear in the summer?

6 comments

  1. Lovely makeup look! I agree with you - Summer is also my favourite season

    Hannah xx
    http://littlevintagecloset.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip color looks like fun and looks amazing on you!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color looks amazing on you.It really suits you very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this lip colour is absolutely gorgeous on you - suits you perfectly and is wonderful for this time of year too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful look, summer is my favourite time of year too.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'A Month in the Life of....'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Great products you have :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne