July Favorites

July 29, 2015

L'oreal Eyeshadow Palette, The Body Shop Cleanser, Clinique Chubby Stick

This was hands down the fastest July I've ever experienced. It's a little terrifying, considering I'm leaving for college in about a month. But I don't want to bury summer in a premature grave. There's still time to complete the rest of my seasonal bucketlist (drive in movie, I'm looking at you) and finish all my dorm room shopping. For now, let's take a look at July's hits.


The L'oreal La Palette Nudes have helped me create some serious smokey eyes this month. Each has 10 gorgeous neutral shades comparing to that of the ever so coveted Naked Palettes. #1 includes warm golden & bronze shades, while #2 focuses on cool gray & purple tones. While they're not as luxurious as some high end palettes, the pigmentation is fantastic and the color payoff is great. The biggest negative is that they don't have awesome longevity, which can be solved by a primer or a cream shadow (something like the Maybelline Color Tattoos). Stay tuned for a full review with swatches and favorite looks coming soon!

Something else I've been getting along with is the Clinique Chubby Stick for Cheeks in Amp'd Up Apple. This cream blush is beautiful for summer, even with my oily skin. It melts into the skin and looks like a natural flush. I especially love this shade because it can be paired with a smokey eye (note: see above) or a bold lip (note: see it in action in my Summer Beauty Bucketlist). The best part is that it takes about 10 seconds and doesn't require a brush.

One last beauty bit I've found myself using is the Covergirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Brown Blaze. This is one of those things that I've probably had for too long, but I just don't really care. It's not that much of a knockout product, so it's weird that I've been using it so much. There's just something about it that's nice. It's creamy and pigmented, doesn't fade much throughout the day, and works well in a smudge-y, sultry way.

I did a full review of the Body Shop Cool & Creamy Face Wash (read it here), but I still just love it so much that I decided it needed another mention. This has the magical quality of lightening dark spots and areas of hyperpigmentation, all while preventing any future acne. It doesn't totally help with all those "time of the month breakouts", but it does a pretty damn good job otherwise. Plus it literally cools your face. That's awesome for summer.

If you want to see some of the fashion I've been into lately, feel free to give my Summer Fashion Bucketlist a quick scroll through. It's all about comfortable pieces and stacking simple jewelry.

Lastly, I've been very into food (but when am I not). I went to the Taste of Chicago and sampled tons of delicious food, namely s'mores donuts, fried ravioli, and mini churros (I LOVE churros). Everything was delicious. I love you Chicago. I visited Oink's in New Buffalo, MI for some unique flavors, and Capannari's in Mt. Prospect, IL for homemade sandwiches. I love ice cream. Last but certainly not least, taco pizza, courtesy of Happy Joe's. Check out my instagram to get your stomach rumbling.

Capannari's Ice Cream Sandwhich

S'mores Donuts

What did you love in July?

4 comments

  1. I really want to try the L'oreal Palettes! It sounds like they are really great. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food is almost more appealing than the makeup :'D

    makeupbyhollymei.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try the body shop face wash. I want to say my favorite of July was my tipsy bag.

    http://cosmeticwarriorr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I love the body shop face wash, it's so refreshing! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne