Finally, the summer that I've been looking forward to with an impending sense of both excitement and dread is upon us. This is the last summer before I leave for college, a summer of teetering in between two things, the summer of being on the cusp of something (hopefully) great, the summer before a new adventure begins.
With all this in mind, there are tons of things that I hope to accomplish before I pack up and leave in the end of August. I really want to make sure that I never utter the words "I'm bored", and that if I do, I immediately find something to fill my time with. So without further ado, here is this season's bucketlist.
- Scope out the best places to eat. If you read my last post, you'll see that I'm kind of a foodie. I love trying anything new and unique, so this summer I'm really looking forward to having the freedom of going to tons of different restaurants and trying new things.
- Drive in movie + diner. This is something that's been on my life bucketlist for ages. My friends and I are going to pile in a car and head over to a nearby drive in movie theatre, and to complete the throwback we're going to eat dinner at an adorable 50's style diner.
- Wisconsin state fair. Surprisingly I've never been before, considering it's a midwest tradition, but I can't wait to eat a ton of fried food and go on some rides.
- Laser tag. This is a rather odd one, but my friends and I are planning on doing some childish activities before we have to move on and plan our adult lives. We've gone laser tagging a couple times in the past, and it's always so much fun to team up against each other.
- Spend money on experiences, not on items. Yes, I do love buying makeup and clothes. However, I've found that the money spent on something such as a concert seems like less of a waste than it does with material items. I could never completely stop buying new makeup and clothes for myself, but I want to work on budgeting myself and not blowing a ton of money on things that will eventually run out (plus I don't want to be a broke college student...).
- Paint twister. If you don't know what this is, you basically pour a little bit of paint on each color on a twister board and play like normal. I'm excited to wear some crappy clothes, get super messy, and have lots of laughs.
- Friend awards. About a month ago I came up with the idea of gathering all my friends and making awards for each other. I thought it would be a fun way to close off our high school years and it would be hilarious to see what everyone says.
- Re-rethink my diet. Last summer I did a really great job of removing some processed foods, sugary snacks, and choices that are high in fat from my diet. Over the rest of the year I gradually lost that, but I'm ready to get back on track now. I feel like a whole new person when I put better things into my body, and I can't wait to be at that point again.
- Read, listen, and watch. As much as I normally do this, I'd like to kick it up a notch this summer. The purpose of this is really to gain as much knowledge as I can outside of school. I do this by reading everything from books to articles to cereal boxes, listening to music, conversations, advice, and watching movies, people, and life. Being perceptive is the way that I can feel myself growing smarter.
What do you want to do this summer?