May Favorites

June 3, 2015


May has been quite a busy month, and I think that shows in the fact that I've only blogged a couple of times. But that's behind us now, because summer is finally here. However, as always, we have to take a look back at at the showstopping things of the month.

I've been having a major moment with the Milani Rose Powder Blushes (full review here). I picked up the shades "Coral Cove" and "Romantic Rose" and both of them are stunning. The first is great for that summer pop of orangey/coral and the latter is the perfect minimal, "no-blush-blush". Each lasts an incredible amount of time on me, even with my oily summer skin, and they don't look patchy as they fade. Plus, the pigmentation is insane. You really only need a light tap to get the right amount of product.

The Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 08 is something that I've had since the winter, but recently fell back in love with it. I was in need of a nude lip for prom (keep scrolling to see some pictures!) but I find that most wash me out. When I found this in my collection I knew it was just right, because it has brown and pink tones that flatter me and don't cause the "dead-face syndrome". The Kate Moss lipsticks are also great because they last just short of forever without being exceptionally drying and only cost around $6.


This month I also had the pleasure of seeing Vance Joy at the Metro. He's one of my favorite artists, and seeing him live leaves me at a loss for words. The music that he plays is beautiful and he sounds even better in person. I also can't not mention that he's like 6'4", Australian, and adorable. A major plus was that we were front row, which is something I can now check off my bucketlist! Listen to him here or here.



As I mentioned, I had my senior prom this month (for those of you that don't know, it's the final formal dance in high school). Now, it's typically a dance you go to with a date, but my friends and I decided that we'd ultimately have tons more fun with just us, and there were no rules (literal or societal) that said we needed dates. So 12 of us gathered together, looked super hot, and had a hell of an amazing time. Aaaaand I didn't really love any of the individual pictures of me, so here are some awkwardly cropped ones. Enjoy!




What's something fun you've done this month?

3 comments

  1. You looked so gorgeous at prom! I hope you had fun with your friends, and congratulations on graduating! :)
    Wow those Milani blushes are stunning, I love the rose embellishment!
    x Krista

    I'd love it if you'd take a look at my blog if you have the time! xo
    www.lovekrista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post I love the look of the Milani blushes and I hope you had a great time at prom. Your dress looks so pretty. x

    https://jadeambersblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne