June Favorites

June 30, 2015


Oh, June. There were a lot of emotions in this month. Between high school graduation and college orientation, it's safe to say I had a lot of ups and downs. I can't lie -- I've been slacking off a lot. Admittedly, I feel a bit lost. I guess I'm trying so hard to find myself, not realizing that my identity will come regardless of whether or not I search for it.

Anyways...makeup.
The Mac Lipstick in Heroine is a recent purchase of mine that was a large stretch, but has proved itself to be flattering, fun, and fearless. Swiping on this shade makes me feel like a badass. There's no other way to say it. Paired with a dewy base and loads of mascara, this lipstick is flawless. It stays on for HOURS and doesn't dry everything out too much.

After running out of various primers and wanting to cry after seeing how oily my skin got by the end of a standard summer day, I did a little research and found the NYX Pore Filler. This has turned out to be kind of an iffy product for me, because it doesn't actually do what the name suggests, which is reducing the appearance of pores, but it does mattify the skin. It has that silicone-y/slippy feel that makes makeup apply smoothly over it. I love how it reduces shine, but next time around I'll probably try something else.

Something I've had for a while that finally seems to work for me is the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. To my dismay this did not cooperate well with my winter skin, but something about summer has completely changed my opinion on it. As of now it gives me buildable coverage, but still leaves a gorgeous, natural glow. With a little powder and setting spray this actually doesn't melt off my face, plus the shade matches pretty well.

I've been into a ton of fashion lately, and I'm going to be a bit of a tease here, but watch out for a full summer fashion edit-type thing coming soon! As for one of the main things I've been obsessed with, it's these sunglasses from Francesca's. I'm not usually a tortoise shell fan, but the shape of this pair caught my attention. They look great with everything and I think they're a perfect summer staple.

Not gonna lie, ice cream is one of my favorites this month. I've been trying a handful of different places in the greater Chicago area, but a rather special one was Chocolate Shoppe on State Street in Madison. Yes, that is a cookie bowl. Yes, it was delicious. No, I do not have any regrets. (psssst follow me)


A photo posted by cassie 😜 (@churwitz23) on

What's something you've loved in June?

5 comments

  1. I love the Mac lipstick in Heroine, it's so gorgeous and the name is perfect.

    http://arnellavanilla.com/2015/06/30/sunday-riley-start-over/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream looks delicious! I love those sunglasses! xx

    www.secretsofarose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh I've wanted Heroine for AGES. I'm going to buy it this month, I think.

    Hannah x
    xhannahsaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG cookie bowl ice cream? I need a plane ticket to the US JUST for that - or I guess I could make my own, ha!

    www.beaucience.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mac lipstick is so gorgeous and the berry shade is absolutely stunning too. I love your blog and if you fancy a read, then check onto my blog https://lifestylebites3.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne