Fashion & Food: Acanto

June 8, 2015


A few days ago I headed into downtown Chicago with my mom and sister for a day of shopping. We poked in some stores, and I got a handful of things for summer that I can't wait to share.


It was a bit cold so I wore my peplum top from Express. On top of that I wore a cardigan from Dry Goods, and you can find a similar one here or here. I then threw on my favorite Ryan Super Skinny Jeans from Hollister and added my Bare Traps boots (similar here and here) and a Forever 21 necklace to finish it off.



After walking the Magnificent Mile we stopped at a little place called Goddess and The Baker. It's currently on Wabash ave. and they're opening one in Navy Pier soon. The menu is full of delicious options for lunch, plus they've got awesome baked goods like chocolate croissants and blueberry lemon muffins. 

For dinner we stopped at a restaurant just across from Millenium Park, Acanto. I had been here once before and loved the 'Black Peppercorn Rigatoni', which comes in a lamb ragout and is a delicious take on a traditional comfort food. This time around I started with the 'Yellowfin Tuna Crudo', which is a portion of raw tuna served with olive oil, almonds, kumquats, and cured tuna. I don't usually go for tuna, but this was very unique and I ate every bite of it. The citrus flavors accompanied the tuna really well, and I'm always a fan of anything olive oil. 


Following that I ordered the 'Ricotta Agnolotti', which I mispronounced every time. This plate consisted of pasta stuffed with ricotta and topped with prosciutto, asparagus, pine nuts, and a touch of lemon. I love ravioli, and this was almost like a sophisticated version of it. My favorite part had to be the prosciutto, because the way it was prepared made it taste like bacon, but I also love how the portion wasn't too big.


We finished the meal off with the assorted biscotti and cookie plate, which is always a yes in my book. Acanto is a highly ranked Chicago restaurant, so I really recommend it if you're in the area!
Would you try this restaurant? 

3 comments

  1. Love your outfit and the food looks yummy! xo

    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice outfit - especially thr oclour of that top!!
    Tasty looking food too :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top :D

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne