An Ap-peeling Smoothie Shop

June 21, 2015

Peeled Smoothie Shop in Evanston, IL

In the spirit of trying to eat healthier, some friends and I decided to check out a smoothie place called Peeled that resides in a couple downtown Chicago locations. The one we went to was tucked away in downtown Evanston and did not disappoint. 

The shop offers a variety of smoothie and fresh juice options in addition to a handful of packed salads and bottled juices. The real stars of the show however, are the acai bowls that are so popular amongst healthy eaters nowadays. I went for the "Little Miss Sunshine", which was a blend of acai, banana, mango, pineapple, and coconut water and was topped with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, coconut shreds, and drizzled with honey. It was arranged beautifully and tasted even better than it looked. 

These are a great way to start your day because acai berries have a ton of antioxidants and fiber, plus the rest of the fruit have health benefits and natural sugars that give you energy but don't allow for that inevitable crash. I would highly recommend giving Peeled a go, and if not, make your own acai bowl!

Peeled Smoothie Shop in Evanston, IL

Have you tried acai bowls?

10 comments

  1. Oh wow these look amazing, wish I lived in Chicago for this!

    Meme xx

    New Blog post:
    'Beautiful = Natural'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! I've never tried one but I'll have to check out some places nearby
    Lana
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my first acai bowl when I was in Hawaii a couple years ago, and it was amazing! Also, thanks for reminding me that I have acai smoothie mix in my freezer right now. I just started blogging very recently and would appreciate if you would check it out :) www.okkeepitreal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so delicious!

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent, but I really want to try one soon. Healthy eating is always easier if you start off with the right breakfast.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh those bowls look delicious, sounds like the perfect breakfast x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post<3 thanks for sharing can't wait to try it out:)
    follow for follow?:)

    xox
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried acai bowls before, but they look amazing! I wish I lived in the U.S. then I'd be able to have all of these cool places to go.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't but should because these looks great.

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne