Milani's Rose Blushes Don't Have a Single Thorn

May 11, 2015

Milani Rose Blush

Recently I bought the Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose and Coral Cove. I had never tried anything by Milani prior to this, and I'm absolutely blown away by how great these blushes are. For starters, they're adorable. Yes, I'm a sucker for great packaging-esque things, but c'mon, how can you not love something that looks like a rose? Plus, the packaging is actually good. I hate how so many cheap products have flimsy packaging that breaks easily, but these snap closed and look great.

Milani Rose Blush

The blush itself is surprisingly pigmented. I find that a lot of drugstore blushes are thin and chalky, but these had a nice color payoff and showed up true to how they look in the pan. That being said, they weren't the type where you put a little on and it looks like you've been smacked in the face. They were the perfect balance. Because they have a matte finish I like to add a little highlighter, but they look great either way. These pair well with a shimmery eye, because they don't take away from the sparkle.

I really love both of the shades. Coral cove is great for the spring and summer, and Romantic Rose is the perfect 'no blush-blush'/nude shade. Each lasted the whole day on my face, which is always a win. I'll most likely end up buying the third one, but I'd love for Milani to increase the range, because the fact that there's only 3 shades is the only negative about the blushes. Overall these are a win for me and may or may not be in competition with some of my high end blushes. Nars, Tarte, I'm talking to you...

What's your favorite drugstore blush?

6 comments

  1. I love these blushes!! They are the most pigmented ones I own and BELIEVE ME I own a LOTTTT of blushes ;}

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty! I really wish we had Milani here, in Europe.

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the coral cove blush sitting all by it's self, the only blush in the range, at my local wal-mart the other day. I haven't tried it yet because I want to take a picture first (#bloggerproblems), but it looks amazing. Glad that you liked it so much!

    Katherine || The Green Bows

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful colours and perfect for that gorgeous healthy glow!! Love them! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beautiful packaging too and these look adorable they remind of the Clinique cheek pops. Romantic rose looks lovely. x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! The packaging is so cute too!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne