April Favorites

May 4, 2015

Nars Concealer Too Faced Mascara

May already? This year is flying by. But I won't deny that I'm incredibly happy, because I am a summer girl through and through. This month I've got a load of things to talk about, including beauty and lifestyle, so grab a snack and get comfy!

FINALLY after about two years of wanting it, I've purchased the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (shade Vanilla). I think that, after so many years spent coveting it, there was no way that this would fulfill all my expectations (any Gatsby fans catch my reference?). But that's not to say I don't love it, because I really do. I simply built it up so much in my head that it had to fall short of the magical qualities I thought it would possess. (Okay Cassie, shut up. Ignore everything I just said). This provides excellent coverage both under the eyes and on blemishes. It is in fact creamy, as the name suggests, but still holds up throughout the day. This layers really well without looking cakey, and I have found that wearing an eye cream underneath helps the appearance to be even smoother.

I have an adorable mini size of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which I look forward to applying every day. It makes my lashes long and gives just the right amount of volume, plus it's super black and stays all day without flaking. The best part? It doesn't take an army of products to remove.

For the Sephora birthday gift this year I recieved two mini Nars pencils, one in Cruella (gorgeous matte color, haven't worn it yet), and Rikugien. This comes from the Satin line, so it's not a fully matte finish, but it has a slight sheen/gloss to it. It's one of my favorite nude/pink/brown shades, but it's not an obvious color, so it looks like your lips are naturally that hue. This does wear off pretty easily, so I do find myself having to reapply it pretty often. However, it is tiny and super portable.


I have a confession to make: I've been binge watching some TV lately. The Office & Brooklyn Nine Nine, to be specific. I've always loved The Office, but have never watched it in consecutive order, so I'm having fun doing that. It follows an office (duh) and all the problems they encounter plus the relationships they develop (Pam and Jim <3). Brooklyn Nine Nine is a newer show -- the second season is currently on TV. Andy Samberg plays the main character and he's so hilarious, as are the rest of the characters. This follows the 99th precinct of the New York Police Department, and it's awesome because it mixes crime solving with comedy and personal relationships.

Thanks to my film class, I now have an obsession with the director Alfred Hitchcock. He wasn't really a great guy, but he did make some amazing and iconic films. I've now watched Psycho, Rear Window, Notorious, and North By Northwest. Because of Psycho Hitchcock has a bit of a horror reputation, which I was afraid of, but what he mainly deals with is actually suspense. His films aren't scary per say, but you find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat and biting your nails while watching. Definitely not a director to miss out on if you love movies.

The album I'm currently listening to (like, while I'm writing this), is Bob Dylan's Live '75, which is more properly known as The Bootleg Series Vol 5. Now I know Bob Dylan isn't for everyone, but he's a seriously amazing artist and it just takes an open mind and lots of listening to see it. This album is incredible, he shows his multifaceted-ness by changing up a handful of his songs and putting a completely new spin to them. I was pretty speechless when I listened for the first time.

Last, but not least, is Universal in Orlando. I went there for my spring break trip, and it was definitely my favorite memory of senior year, if not all of high school. We spent 3 days there, which was perfect. I loved the entire Harry Potter world (obvs), Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Hulk, and the Rip Ride Rockit. All I want right now is some butterbeer. Yeah, you could say I'm having withdrawal symptoms.


What did you love in April?

7 comments

  1. First off Alfred Hitchcock was an amazing director. Second, I always love your favorites!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been watching Brooklyn Nine Nine I love it!!

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try the Nars concealer for years too... still haven't got round to buying it yet!
    I love Brooklyn Nine Nine ^_^

    theeverydaylifeofrachel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get that Nars pencil in Cruella the swatch looks amazing and I know it has been raved about a lot. Have you tried the Nars velvet lip pencil in Red Square? That is also amazing. sabiha xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of Hitchcock movies. My favourites are Psycho and To Catch a Thief. And the Sephora birthday gifts this year were amazing colours. I can't get enough of that pinky shade!

    -Katherine
    http://thegreenbows.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this nars vreamy concealer, but right now it's deffinitely not in my budget..

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Nars Lip Pencils are amazing!! I was between Cruella and Mysterious Red but I ended up getting the second one. I definitely want to pick up more of them! <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne