Spring's New Way To Wear Lipstick

April 5, 2015

Spring's New Way To Wear Lipstick

This season's beauty trends that were showcased at some of the top designer's fashion shows are rather intriguing. Not that you have to follow them, but they showed fewer pastels and more bright pops and deep shades. I'm particularly interested in the 'diffused lipstick' trend that cropped up in Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry Prorsum, and Missoni's shows. My absolute favorite has to be the deep berry stains at the D&G show (check them out here). Due to the fact that I practically fell in love with wine and berry shades this past fall, you can probably imagine my excitement at seeing them being carried through to spring.

To recreate this look I dabbed a small amount of lipstick on the center of my bottom lip and used my ring finger to blend it out. I then rubbed my top lip and bottom lip together to transfer some of the color, then basically repeated these steps until I had the desired effect. I find it best to start the color in the middle of your lips and diffuse it outwards towards the edges. One of the reasons I love this is because you can keep it light or you can build it up to be intense, but still soft. Another major pro is that it can be done messily and still look really cool. 

Some of my favorite darker shades to use are the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Audrey, the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107, the Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Siren in Scarlet, the Revlon Matte Balm in Standout, and the Maybelline Lipstick in Plum Paradise. For a brighter take I love Maybelline's Shocking Coral and for a nude take Maybelline's Touch of Spice is beautiful (can you tell I'm really into Maybelline lipsticks?). 

One of the best things about this trend is that you don't need to go purchase a whole slew of new things, but rather you can find something that works in your own makeup stash. When this trend began to show up I dug through my over extensive lipstick collection and found tons of shades that looked so cool. And, since I'm all about versatile products, this is just another thing to add to the list of other ways to use lipstick. 

Would you try this trend?  

10 comments

  1. I'm so happy that this is a trend now! That's usually the way I use dark lipsticks since I'm not really comfortable wearing them!
    xo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fox-arrow-10791337

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wine and berry for the spring too! Great post :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love berry lips all year round!! :)<3
    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting! I think this would be a beautiful spring look to try- these shades are all stunning.

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the Revlon Colour Bursts, I have a strange love of the mint smell!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com - smashbox palette giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the twist on the makeup this year, leaving the typical pastel shades and going for deeper lips.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad deeper lips are spilling over into spring because I'm really into them all year!!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fell in love when I saw all those berry shades on the catwalk too! Unfortunately, I'm spending spring on the French Riviera this year and the berry lips look so out of place on the beach, so I've been adopting the gradient lip technique too. It's working pretty well so far!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your picks :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne