Tune Tuesday #8

March 24, 2015


Spring has finally arrived! Except in Chicago, where it snowed yesterday. Fun. To get my mind off the weather I listened to Mumford & Sons' new song Believe over and over again, and it worked like a charm.



I was freakin' excited when I found out that Mumford & Sons were releasing a new album, because I'm a huge fan of their other two. They have such an interesting sound that modernizes folk and rock, and has the most beautiful effect.

The new song was a little slow for me at first and I didn't think I liked it, but after a few more listens I completely fell in love and have had it on repeat since then. Give it a couple tries, I guarantee you'll enjoy it. Marcus Mumford's voice is so calming and the song has boatloads of emotion.

And in other music news, I just got tickets to a concert put on by my favorite radio station, 101WKQX, known as PIQNIQ. This year it has some amazing groups, including three Tune Tuesday alums. The headliners are Cage the Elephant and The Offspring, but it also features Catfish and the Bottlemen, Saint Motel, Bleachers, Joywave, Smallpools, and one unannounced band. I can't wait!

Have you listened to Mumford & Sons?

6 comments

  1. See you in June Cassie! <3 Lauren 101WKQX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Mumford and Sons when they first came onto the scene. Thanks for the song pick, giving it a listen now!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that I'm glad it's not snowing where I am. Love this song!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never properly listened to Mumford and Sons, will give it a listen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post
    Would you like to follow each other ? I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne