The Cleansing Water That Converted Me

March 8, 2015

The Cleansing Water That Converted Me

I used to be a strictly "wash my face with a cleanser morning and night" type girl, but a little while back I began trying some cleansing waters/oils. I ran into a few duds that made me want to run back into the arms of my Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, one of which being the Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil that I listed as my unfavorite of February. However, after trying that, I found the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water.

The way that I use this is to pour a little bit onto an exfoliating cotton pad and sweep it over my nose, cheeks, chin, forehead, jawline, and finally over my eyes. I use this every night before putting on my moisturizer, but I also use it if I want to remove my makeup at some point during the day. The slightly problematic thing with this is that it doesn't remove my waterproof mascara, so I have to use something else for that. But I am a big fan of The Body Shop's Camomile Waterproof Makeup Remover for that, so I don't mind much. When doing this I remove my eye makeup first, then use the cleansing water.

For a while I wasn't really sure if I liked it or not, because I was still getting a few annoying pimples here and there, like any other teenager (thanks a lot, hormones). But now that I've gone through about half the bottle, I realized that this product has helped one of my major skin problems, which is those tiny little bumps that are under the skin. It's a little hard to explain, but basically I would get groups of small bumps on my cheeks and forehead that just gave my skin an uneven texture and appearance. This problem has irked me for a while, and I've never found something that helps it until now. Using this has completely smoothed out my skin and I am so grateful.

So overall this has pretty much become my holy grail skincare item. I will 100% repurchase it, and the best part is that it's super cheap compared to some other great skincare.

Have you tried cleansing waters?

5 comments

  1. This sounds like great stuff, will have to look into it, hormones do suck, I'm so spotty right now :(

    Meme xx

    New Post out now:
    'Lush Haul//Easter Range'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried it but will definitely be checking it out- I love a good micellar water xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also purchased this awhile ago, I like it, but I like the Sephora brand more because I wear a lot of eyeliner! This is a good one for gentle skin. I used to wash my face religiously, but this is really fast and good for those lazy nights :x

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to check this out since I've never tried this brand before :)

    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good, don't you love it when you try something new and it ends up being holy grail status?

    In terms of cleansing waters I'm a pretty religious user of Bioderma, though I've never tried any other cleansing waters so I guess I can't really compare!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Blush and Fairy Dust
Design by Fearne